Special teams coach?

Advertisement
no way in **** they would've executed that perfect play if fat boy was still in charge of the ST unit

Not sure, but it seemed like there were more starters on ST tonight. The should move Walton to fullback lol.

4a19f7ad3daf2eca5a3fea1ffe0480af.jpg

I don't know who the coach is, but this dude on the left next to Scott was talking up the returners before the play. As far as I'm concerned, the man's a hero.

Advertisement
That looks like the "quality control" guy for special teams = grad assistant?

Seriously, tho... who ran ST practice this past week and made personnel decisions. Scott?

****, 2yr volunteer just graduated in 2015, now paid position as ST coach? hmm. Welp.

Hard to criticize the execution. Dude did a nice job this past week. They never looked confused, everybody on the field in the right place, no major dumba$$ penalties, no kickoff out of bounds...

Advertisement
amazing what someone with a set of ballz could do. Unfortunately Golden was born without any ********s.

I've met him before. Walked on as a safety (which baffles me because he is a little guy) and effectively worked as a player coach. Very smart kid.

Advertisement
What does quality control entail?

It's how you get around the limit on assistant coaches. Basically he's an assistant coach, but the NCAA limits the # of assistants, so schools come up with fancy names so they don't break the rules.

I've met him before. Walked on as a safety (which baffles me because he is a little guy) and effectively worked as a player coach. Very smart kid.

I'm curious to see how it goes from here on out. Were we having problems before b/c Al just handed everything to this guy and mailed it in, or was Al keeping everything conservative?

I haven't really paid enough attention to see what the personnel this season were up to now, but would really like to see Crawford, Njoku, and Walton more. Grace and Gray as well. We need to get more playmakers on the field... more power and speed out there. Make teams choose if they'd rather get run by or run over.

Advertisement
We didn't allow Duke past the 30 and didn't look so slow like we normally do. Thnk god El Foldo is gone, if only No D would resign

Ive met him a few times too, he is an extremely bright kid. He has been working with Larry ever since Golden left. As TE Coach Larry really didnt know special teams so Wright has been his best friend when it comes to that. Clearly has the talent to succeed, only 1 year out of school and is the ST guy. Something this program needs.

I heard they brought a football humping monkey in from the UM vet school, that explains the huge improvement .

Advertisement
Back