south florida

StateOfMiamiU

Freshman
I'm from massachusetts and have been a miami fan for about 3 years and this past class was the first time i've really paid attention to recruiting. being from massachusetts i don't fully understand the state of miami and the landscape of the area. i believe Dade, palm beach and broward are the "state of miami" and we cherry pick from other areas. i'm also not sure what highschools are in those areas. also some additional info on the surrounding areas would be nice so i could have a better understanding of the area.

Advertisement
dade, broward, and west palm = south florida

state of miami = miami up to daytona on the east, cross west across the state, head down south

if we get the cream of the crop from these areas we will be set, throw in a good OOS qb and we win the ACC

good schools - Miami NW, Booker T Wash (Miami), St Thomas Aquinas (STA), Miramar, so many more

StateU, while it's technically correct about the 'state of miami' being multiple counties in south Florida, the true 'state of Miami' is more a frame of mind.

A bit of fanaticism, a bit of berserk, balls-out love for hard hitting, a craving for speed and skill, an admiration for overcoming overwhelming odds, a bit of David and Goliath, the attitude of Leonidas' 300, and color-blindness to anything but orange and green. Family is close in description, but it's deeper and wider than that.

Working together and moving together like fingers on a hand. Fans, players, and past players. There are no 'past' fans.

We're outnumbered, outspent, and a much smaller school.

But we just don't give a ****.

We're Miami.

Wherever we are, we're still Miami. The state of Miami.

StateU, while it's technically correct about the 'state of miami' being multiple counties in south Florida, the true 'state of Miami' is more a frame of mind.

A bit of fanaticism, a bit of berserk, balls-out love for hard hitting, a craving for speed and skill, an admiration for overcoming overwhelming odds, a bit of David and Goliath, the attitude of Leonidas' 300, and color-blindness to anything but orange and green. Family is close in description, but it's deeper and wider than that.

Working together and moving together like fingers on a hand. Fans, players, and past players. There are no 'past' fans.

We're outnumbered, outspent, and a much smaller school.

But we just don't give a ****.

We're Miami.

Wherever we are, we're still Miami. The state of Miami.

Great description overall but this part stuck out the most to me. This is definitely an apt description, you can tell by the way fools on here argue all the time, as many people on the boards I bash on and get bashed by, on game day there isn't one I wouldn't have beer with or stand behind against another teams fans. Good write up.

Advertisement
I don't know about that 'sucky******* city', but we have some mighty fine 'Canes out of Tampa and Central Florida.

Canes are Canes - wherever they are.

Advertisement
Try reading Bruce Feldman's book about the U or Tales from the sideline - two books about our program and lots of talk about recruiting

Advertisement
No one even mention that this dude is a new fan as of 3 years ago? WTF?

didn't think there were any new bandwagoners in the last 8-10 years

didn't think there were any new bandwagoners in the last 8-10 years

What makes you sure this guy is a "bandwagoner"? I've been a fan since the mid-80s, and if someone around 88 called me a "bandwagoner," I'd tell him to eat a...

Plus, if he became a fan during our crappy years, then he gets much props from me.

Advertisement
he said that he's been a fan for 3 years. that is what I was referring to. don't get your panties all soiled up over nothing

Advertisement
Back