South Florida Media - SMDH!

Noliaboi

Sophomore
Okay let me say this upfront. I’m not from South Florida and I have never lived in South Florida. However, I’ve been to plenty of games in my 30ish years as a fan and have followed this team religiously through the ups and downs. With that being said, this is not a rant against the program type post!

But… WTF is up with the Media down there? I haven’t seen one article written, one interview done with school officials, the AD or even just an opinion piece on how this would affect the school. Meanwhile, a **** FSU recruiting site got an interview with the ACC commissioner? I already know they suck at asking the right questions during the season and seem very timid to press coaches but man, cmon!

Advertisement
Okay let me say this upfront. I’m not from South Florida and I have never lived in South Florida. However, I’ve been to plenty of games in my 30ish years as a fan and have followed this team religiously through the ups and downs. With that being said, this is not a rant against the program type post!

But… WTF is up with the Media down there? I haven’t seen one article written, one interview done with school officials, the AD or even just an opinion piece on how this would affect the school. Meanwhile, a **** FSU recruiting site got an interview with the ACC commissioner? I already know they suck at asking the right questions during the season and seem very timid to press coaches but man, cmon!
There is subjectivity and disagreement among what can be considered reasonable assets creates an environment ripe for ineptitude. With that stated, I see opportunity for exploration amongst multiple related topics. I am keenly awaiting a potential inquiry from the South Florida Media.

It’s taken you this long to figure out how lazy they are.

There is subjectivity and disagreement among what can be considered reasonable assets creates an environment ripe for ineptitude. With that stated, I see opportunity for exploration amongst multiple related topics. I am keenly awaiting a potential inquiry from the South Florida Media.

Just asking - but can you do that again, but in American?

Advertisement
South Florida media is bad, they are bad because there's no consequence to them being that way. Our fans talk that talk, but there's little financial incentive for the local outlets to cover the hometown University competently. Any beat reporter that is worth a **** gets assigned to the Heat or Dolphins, or they leave the market when another major college beat opens up.

I been knew. Like I said I been following this team from a far for YEARS! But this lazy? Nah this is a shock honestly.

Yeah, they really are this lazy. This is exactly when you would see who is a good journalist, when they would step up to the plate. They ain’t. This shlt shows just how bad they really are. Incompetent and lazy is a really bad combination.

Advertisement
Yeah, they really are this lazy. This is exactly when you would see who is a good journalist, when they would step up to the plate. They ain’t. This shlt shows just how bad they really are. Incompetent and lazy is a really bad combination.
Add in that some of them are arrogant as well…. Can’t get worse than that combo

Good journalists leave for major markets as soon as they possibly can.

South Florida news is far more interested in following the exploits & shenanigans of the infamous "Florida Man" i.e.

"Florida Man throws gator on roof to teach it a lesson"

"Florida man drives truck into ocean"

"Florida Man who paid for "full contact wildlife experience " severely mauled by leopard"

Ya gotta admit that **** does keep you laughing. Florida man is definitely unique.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What do you expect though? When was the last time this team was truly relevant? South Florida is full of fair-weather fans that only care when the team is good. Short of a couple limited periods here and there since the early 2000s, this team/program hasn't been compelling or captivating, locally or nationally. If we can start a run here and start playing the way we all want and expect, assuredly you'll see more attention in our direction. But until then, it'll be slim picking.

It's because potential conference realignment is like a tsunami in a pond in Tallahassee and it's barely a ripple in the ocean in Miami. The news isn't relevant or wouldn't mean much to the large majority of the population in the area.

Advertisement
Local newspapers have been on the decline since the 90s because of the internet and 24/7 Cable News. The first thing they did was cut middle mgt and local reporters. A few years later, I remember listening to an NPR Roundtable with the editors of LA Times, Chicago Tribune and Boston Globe. When asked what was the biggest problem causing the decline, they all agreed it was the decline in Local Coverage. I guess they never realized that running AP, UPI wire stories was information you could get in real time on the internet. It was always local news that was the hook.

South Florida coverage of the U is so unambitous.
Barry Jackson does try. Sometimes, he digs out real info on what's happening behind the scene.

You just gotta listen to the brainless questions asked at interviews. It’s all you need to know about SFLA media’s depth.

I'll let Susan know.

Advertisement
Back