Sounds like Coley holds the keys

MizCane

Senior
To Goldens future. If he goes to another school (Kentucky) I think Golden def gets let go. It appears that he is Goldens biggest asset to recruiting and we are F'd if he leaves.

That alone is an indictment of what this program has become under Golden and his stubbornness not to make changes after last season.

Advertisement
AG's indictment is his record, his loyalty to proven losers, and his 300 page binder of bull****

To Goldens future. If he goes to another school (Kentucky) I think Golden def gets let go. It appears that he is Goldens biggest asset to recruiting and we are F'd if he leaves.

That alone is an indictment of what this program has become under Golden and his stubbornness not to make changes after last season.

This is pure speculation lacking in any kind of logic and "supported" by opinion. Do you really think the decision makers are sitting there thinking, Golden's record has been disastrous, but as long as he can hang on to his OC we'll give him another year? That's ridiculous.

If he's going to be fired (and I hope as much as anyone that he is) it's not going to be predicated on Coley going to Kentucky or anywhere else.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The two go hand in hand a little bit. I believe coley has informed um and we have a day or two to make a decision. And that decision may impact Al Golden's future at UM.

Advertisement
M

This is pure speculation lacking in any kind of logic and "supported" by opinion. Do you really think the decision makers are sitting there thinking, Golden's record has been disastrous, but as long as he can hang on to his OC we'll give him another year? That's ridiculous.

If he's going to be fired (and I hope as much as anyone that he is) it's not going to be predicated on Coley going to Kentucky or anywhere else.

It is based off Beast's latest regarding the BOT deciding this week if Golden should be let go or not. You bet your *** this will have an impact. It's another piece of the snowball already running down hill. It's obvioously not going to be the sole reason but it may be enough to finally say F'it and get a whole new staff since changes have to be made on D even if he stays.

So roll the dice that Golden makes changes on D and Coley stays? Goldens interview on Rose this morning indicates no changes are going to g made. Add the fact that the D staff was out recruiting one of the biggest D prospects on the board yesterday tells me Golden isn't makking the changes as well.

We are in limbo so nothing is off the table.

Advertisement
I bash Coley so I can defend the Jersey hacks. I also don't like minorities living in my neighborhood. White Power!

Not the place for this dude.

My man? You a coley lover please explain

For the recruiting benefits that he brings, his very average play calling is worth it.

His play calling has never been stellar and I doubt it ever will be Coker in the 90's or Chudzinski in the 2000's. The direct snap to Duke for and end around to Dorsett to the short side of the field on 3rd and goal on the 5 was the worst play call I've ever seen in my life. We might as well had taken a knee.

That being said, he clearly improved as the season went on. He called more than satisfactory games against FAMU, Arkansas State, Cincinnati, VT, and North Carolina. He put the team in a position to when against Nebraska with good enough play calling. Duke had subpar play calling but it was enough to get the job done. Georgia Tech the defense couldn't make a stop and got dominated in time of possession. Instead of getting a usual 12 possessions to score, he got 6 and scored on 3 of them. 50% score rate with a cold offense? Could be better, but not terrible. FSU he called a pristine 1st half and then went into his shell a little bit in the second and the last play was a bad call, but overall he called a nice game. Virginia and Pittsburgh were poor but the defense allowed both teams the most points they scored all season in a win against a Power 5 team. That didn't help.

He's not a genius, but he is far from the hack that you think he is. You point out in every post that the defense lost AQM and Figueroa and that hurt. He lost his 1st and 2nd string right tackles. He was starting a true freshman at RT, RG, and QB. That didn't have an impact? And the players on the team love him

Bottom line, I'll take what he brings as a recruiter on the expectation that he will continue to improve as a coach.

Last edited:
he averages getting the play call into our qb at 15 seconds left on the play clock (mind you- this is before the check with me thing)...His playcalling in the second half of games is garbage but the play clock thing giving the D an automatic advantage on almost every single snap DRIVES ME CRAZY!

Advertisement
I hope he goes to Kentucky, Golden gets fired, Mark Stoops gets hired and brings Coley back with him.

:rickflair2:

M

It is based off Beast's latest regarding the BOT deciding this week if Golden should be let go or not. You bet your *** this will have an impact. It's another piece of the snowball already running down hill. It's obvioously not going to be the sole reason but it may be enough to finally say F'it and get a whole new staff since changes have to be made on D even if he stays.

So roll the dice that Golden makes changes on D and Coley stays? Goldens interview on Rose this morning indicates no changes are going to g made. Add the fact that the D staff was out recruiting one of the biggest D prospects on the board yesterday tells me Golden isn't makking the changes as well.

We are in limbo so nothing is off the table.

The BOT may or may not decide to fire Golden. I sure hope it's the former, but it is not going to be because an assistant coach accepted a job elsewhere. That's absurd.

****, plenty of people are willing to give Golden another year IF he fires Donofrio and Coley. Again, that's a worthless band aid from my perspective. But it highlights the point that the decision to fire Golden is not tied to whether Coley stays.

Advertisement
Back