Something that's been bothering me...

bomb

Band
Banned
A recruit can't get dropped unless they are committed. UF didn't "drop" Powell and Miami didn't "drop" Kirkland.

Nothing is guaranteed while kids are playing the field.

I keep hearing how this school dropped this kid, and that school dropped that kid. There is nothing to drop if you are still undecided between multiple schools.

Just like when you pick a school the other schools lose, when we get a different kid to commit it might mean there's no room for you. Schools aren't going to play with 75 'ships to give you a moment to shine.

Recruits, don't let ego and outside influences mess with your head. Pick the school that's best for you, and recruit the other top players out there to your school. Show character throughout the process.

"If you're looking, we're looking." - Al Golden

Advertisement
You can play technicalities all you want, but if the kid feels he was dropped, isn't that all that counts?

You're a marketing/brand guy, no? Perception, especially in this case, is reality.

You can play technicalities all you want, but if the kid feels he was dropped, isn't that all that counts?

You're a marketing/brand guy, no? Perception, especially in this case, is reality.

Exactly. Which is why getting it out there publicly, over and over, is important. You're right, its perception. But that can be changed, and needs to be changed. That's marketing. Let what's happening this week be a cautionary tale to the upcoming classes. These kids need to be better educated about the process. It starts... everywhere. At school, at home, and even on the message boards, on twitter, because that's where their attention is. Educate.

If I am a 2014 kid who knows where he wants to go... I learned something this week.

Exactly. Which is why getting it out there publicly, over and over, is important. You're right, its perception. But that can be changed, and needs to be changed. That's marketing. Let what's happening this week be a cautionary tale to the upcoming classes. These kids need to be better educated about the process. It starts... everywhere. At school, at home, and even on the message boards, on twitter, because that's where their attention is. Educate.

If I am a 2014 kid who knows where he wants to go... I learned something this week.

Except that in Kirkland's case, he either didn't know where he wanted to go or he knew and it wasn't here. It just seems that he just wanted the option and we told him to go fly a kite if he wasn't ready to choose. We probably could have handled it better for PR purposes.

Advertisement

Yep. Don't play games and commit as early as possible

Except that in Kirkland's case, he either didn't know where he wanted to go or he knew and it wasn't here. It just seems that he just wanted the option and we told him to go fly a kite if he wasn't ready to choose. We probably could have handled it better for PR purposes.

If he used more diplomacy then the message wouldn't have been sent.

The whole story told by Ice Harris about this kid being heart broken when told Miami pulled his offer is either a big lie or a big dramatic acting job by Kirkland in front of his coach just because a top school dropped him. It wasn't because he was hurt for missing the chance to go to his dream school. (his step dad again told Manny that there were no guarantees that he would pick Miami even before this happened).

Advertisement
A recruit can't get dropped unless they are committed. UF didn't "drop" Powell and Miami didn't "drop" Kirkland.

Nothing is guaranteed while kids are playing the field.

I keep hearing how this school dropped this kid, and that school dropped that kid. There is nothing to drop if you are still undecided between multiple schools.

Just like when you pick a school the other schools lose, when we get a different kid to commit it might mean there's no room for you. Schools aren't going to play with 75 'ships to give you a moment to shine.

Recruits, don't let ego and outside influences mess with your head. Pick the school that's best for you, and recruit the other top players out there to your school. Show character throughout the process.

"If you're looking, we're looking." - Al Golden

Mentioned this earlier. It's a gat **** shame these kids grow up with dream schools, then let the experiences of prima donnas on tv influence their need to shine. Be like Duke, shine on the field.

Advertisement
Back