Someone help make sense of it

umhurricane2511

Always Faithful
The ONE sure thing we had coming into this year was the fact that Richt and Kaaya together was a match made in heaven. Brad was lighting up Spring and Fall camps and was looking NFL ready.

Nobody really worried about the O. Especially the passing game. Had Coley returning, Berrios was serviceable in camp (good spring game), freshmen would play, 2 NFL TEs, and 2 RBs who are very good at catching the ball out of the backfield. There were so many places for Brad to distribute the ball.

Our focus was our D, obviously. Lost our best players and were starting a ton of freshmen. No depth and we've quite honestly gotten used to seeing such poor defensive play for years.

It makes ZERO sense that our so-called "ace in the hole", the offense, is the weak link. Our Oline was worse last year yet we looked better overall. How are we not taking advantage of our obvious advantages? I mean it's easy stuff.

Advertisement
The ONE sure thing we had coming into this year was the fact that Richt and Kaaya together was a match made in heaven. Brad was lighting up Spring and Fall camps and was looking NFL ready.

Nobody really worried about the O. Especially the passing game. Had Coley returning, Berrios was serviceable in camp (good spring game), freshmen would play, 2 NFL TEs, and 2 RBs who are very good at catching the ball out of the backfield. There were so many places for Brad to distribute the ball.

Our focus was our D, obviously. Lost our best players and were starting a ton of freshmen. No depth and we've quite honestly gotten used to seeing such poor defensive play for years.

It makes ZERO sense that our so-called "ace in the hole", the offense, is the weak link. Our Oline was worse last year yet we looked better overall. How are we not taking advantage of our obvious advantages? I mean it's easy stuff.

People want to point to this game as why fans are "panicking." The GT game was a sign; take away our defensive TDs, & we might still be playing those guys right now in OT. Our offense has looked very out of sort. We have one of the best WR in the conference, in Coley. We have one of, if not the best True Freshman WR in Richards. We have a very serviceable slot guy in Berrios. What happened w/ Dayall? We have two of the best TEs in football in Njoku and Herndon, and we have two really good backs. Why are we trying this RPO when we can spread folks out 24/7 w/ our WR and crush the middle of the field w/ our TEs? I hope we see this against another porous defense in UNC. We need to win this game to regain our mojo.

Advertisement
Our lack of an O-line has been one key reason why. Kaaya requires that protection given he's as anti-mobile QB as you get. But he's made some poor decisions and inaccurate throws, despite the struggles on the line. Here's hoping he gets it worked out.

Did njoku do anything last night? Always hear the word "freak" being thrown around with him but did not notice him last night at all.

People want to point to this game as why fans are "panicking." The GT game was a sign; take away our defensive TDs, & we might still be playing those guys right now in OT. Our offense has looked very out of sort. We have one of the best WR in the conference, in Coley. We have one of, if not the best True Freshman WR in Richards. We have a very serviceable slot guy in Berrios. What happened w/ Dayall? We have two of the best TEs in football in Njoku and Herndon, and we have two really good backs. Why are we trying this RPO when we can spread folks out 24/7 w/ our WR and crush the middle of the field w/ our TEs? I hope we see this against another porous defense in UNC. We need to win this game to regain our mojo.

Why would you take away the defensive TDs? We CAUSED them.

Also, we likely have a more aggressive O if we don't score the defensive TDs.

Advertisement

Appreciate your optimism.

We caused those defensive TDs with our aggressive style on D. It's not like we had some sort of unfair refereee call go our way.

We caused those defensive TDs with our aggressive style on D. It's not like we had some sort of unfair refereee call go our way.

Obviously you missed the entire point of the post...but I'm used to ppl not reading or comprehending posts on this website, so I don't take offense, I just try to be more clear:

My point has nothing to do w the defense. The defense has been spectacular this year. The point was the offense has now struggled the past two weeks against P5 competition. The def has held its end of the bargain...not so much the offense. So I was saying that this performance against FSU was already spotted against GT; that in fact, if our D didn't score 14 points, we would be tied w them 21-21. Our offense has not looked good in back to back games against stiffer competition & that has folks worried. Understand now?

The people telling you Kaaya was elite in practice were bias Kaaya jock sniffers. The only thing that would have made them felate Kaaya more was if he was from South Florida.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back