Somebody explain this to me....

BigDikCane

All-American
All of a sudden, Saban wants the state of Miami players.... He's putting in work recruiting south Fl... Is it b/c of the amount of players we have had at the nfl combine and draft in the last couple of years??

Last edited:
Advertisement
The U has been down. Plenty of negative recruiting ammunition. Plenty of positive recruiting ammunition. There is no better time for Alabama to make a move into South Florida. He would be silly not to.

Saban has always recruited south florida. I knew he was close to getting Vernon (Shapiro saved the day....lol). Didn't he also pluck Dwayne Bowe?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Look at how many SFL players make it into the league. Everyone and their mama recruits SFL. It's been like this since Schnelly opened the flood gates.

Look at how many SFL players make it into the league. Everyone and their mama recruits SFL. It's been like this since Schnelly opened the flood gates.

Au contraire, it was like that before Schnelly. He tried to close the floodgates.

Au contraire, it was like that before Schnelly. He tried to close the floodgates.

Gotcha. That was before my time. What I meant by "open the floodgates" was that you had universities, who previously didn't think to even recruit the area, start looking after they saw Miami's success from Schnelly to Johnson, and a lot of it had to do with the philosophy of speed versus power.

Advertisement
Back