Some OL coach candidates?

Advertisement
I think Miami should consider the switch roles of Joel Rodriguez and Art Kehoe. This provides the best case scenario in keeping Kehoe involvled in the program while bringing in another Technicetion type OL coach.

Joel Rodriguez Bio - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

If we ain't hiring any ace recruiters or stud O-Line coaches from the NFL/College...I'd actually be fine seeing what he can do...7 years of experience coaching the OLine at a lesser school, but did have 4 out of 5 make all conference so he's doing something right.

I think Miami should consider the switch roles of Joel Rodriguez and Art Kehoe. This provides the best case scenario in keeping Kehoe involvled in the program while bringing in another Technicetion type OL coach.

If we ain't hiring any ace recruiters or stud O-Line coaches from the NFL/College...I'd actually be fine seeing what he can do...7 years of experience coaching the OLine at a lesser school, but did have 4 out of 5 make all conference so he's doing something right.

Agreed. I'd prefer a greybeard at the OL/DL coaching positions. Joel did well at Bryant and Fordham. So it wouldn't be a total disaster.

Roriquez coached OL Mason Halter at Fordham that was a 2 year All American and then he transferred to UF this year as a grad student an become the starter at Tackle and Team Captain.

Florida adds Fordham graduate transfer offensive lineman Mason Halter - Alligator Army

Mason Halter talks about the jump from FCS to FBS and being named UF Team Captain
Florida football's Mason Halter thriving after FCS transfer

Direct Quote on how Rodriquez coached so well that Mason become a starter in the SEC from day 1 on campus
Moorhead believes Fordham offensive line coach Joel Rodriguez, a former Miami center, developed Halter quite well in their three seasons together. "In a sense, it's almost like having one of your guys go on and play in the NFL," Moorhead says. "You feel great about graduating your guys to a higher level of football."

I think Richt could keep Kehoe on board to land some top tier Oline recruits then after signing day announce Kehoe's retirement to an Admin position and the promotion of Joel to OL coach. The recruits wouldn't be hurt because kehoe is still around and also they would have signed on for at least 1 year during which they could experience his coaching then decide if they want to transfer.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Mason Halter talks about the coaching difference between FLorida and Fordham. An other than heat he struggled to find a difference (which speaks volumes about Joel Rodriguez's preparation of this young man.

[video=youtube;ucchaLXG1YQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucchaLXG1YQ[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stop making me want him, seems like a good higher to me but I can't see Richt hiring this guy unless he steps up to richt and shows him why he wants the job.

Advertisement
Back