some espn articles

cway313

If I write K, you are an idiot
Premium

PRINT

EMAIL

COMMENTS

MEND

CINCINNATI -- This summer, Quincy Wilson (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./University School) spent time making visits to schools outside of Florida. During the fall, his early plans are to keep it in state, and he has one school in mind he thinks he might visit.

“Maybe Florida but I haven’t really gotten into any of that,” the 2014 cornerback said. “I’ve always had interest in Florida. I know a DB there, Cody Riggs."

A fellow Fort Lauderdale product, Riggs was a 2010 Under Armour All-American and has played in every game since his freshman season at Florida. Of those 26 games, 13 were starts, including three as a freshman.

Riggs is not pushing the Gators on Wilson, though.

“He’s telling me to take my time with the recruiting process and to make a decision wherever I feel is home,” Wilson said.

This summer, nearby Miami (Fla.), Auburn and Ohio State received visits from the 6-foot-2, 190-pound

“I met Urban Meyer and (assistant) coach [Kerry] Coombs and developed a good relationship with them,”

He echoed similar sentiments about Auburn.

“I really liked it. I developed a good relationship with coach [Willie] Martinez, and I just keep in touch with him,” Wilson said.

In all, 15 programs have offered Wilson, and that number could double by the time he makes a decision. As of now, that decision won’t come for at least another year.

“Probably deep into my senior season I’ll make a decision,” Wilson said. “I want to take official visits. I’ve only been to three colleges, and I just want to learn about these colleges so I can make the right decision.”

Advertisement
2015 RB Jordan Scarlett has early top four

By Jared Shanker | ESPN.com

PRINT

EMAIL

COMMENTS

RECOMMEND

CINCINNATI -- Even the best players in the country get a little nervous sometimes.

Jordan Scarlett (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./University School), one of the premier sophomores nationally, wasn’t sure he would even be able to run his route on the first play of the game against top Ohio program Trotwood-Madison. It was Scarlett’s first career start.

“It was kind of nerve-racking,” he said. “The first play I messed up. I caught the bubble screen and started stuttering and my legs got weak. They were about to give out on me.”

He calmed down after the first play, though, and tallied 122 yards rushing. He was the only consistent offensive weapon for University School as he scored three touchdowns and accounted for more than half of the team’s yards Sunday.

As a freshman, Scarlett ran for close to 600 yards and 14 touchdowns in spot duty. He could possibly triple those rushing totals this coming season.

Alabama, LSU, Miami (Fla.) and Wisconsin already make up his top four. Though still early, the Hurricanes are his favorite.

“It’s right by my house, the home state,” Scarlett said. “… I do want to stay home, stay with my mom.”

Scarlett's teammate Jordan Cunningham, an ESPN 150 receiver, has Miami among his favorites and told Scarlett a little about the program.

"He said it was a great school and everything was nice," Scarlett said, "so I'm taking his word for it until I go on a visit."

That does not mean he won’t check out other schools. He wants to visit Miami this season as well as Alabama and possibly Florida State, which has not offered yet.

The recent string of successful Crimson Tide running backs has him believing he could be the next former Tide back to make it to the NFL.

“They produce good running backs,” he said. “I’d probably just go there and run the ball for them and have a good [career].”

LSU’s appearance in this past season’s championship game is impressive to Scarlett, too. He has not talked with the staff much, but he likes the coaches at LSU.

The same goes for Wisconsin. It’s the Badgers’ coaching staff that is even keeping Wisconsin, a program more than a day’s drive away, a chance for Scarlett.

“I just love the coach [Bret Bielema]. He’s a good guy,” Scarlett said. “I have a feeling if I go there they’d treat me right. I’m trying to go somewhere they’ll treat me right and get a lot of love.”

ESPN 150 WR Cunningham looking at six

By Jared Shanker | ESPN.com

PRINT

EMAIL

COMMENTS

RECOMMEND

CINCINNATI – Just about every big-time college football program has offered ESPN 150 recruit Jordan Cunningham (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./University School), and six schools have made the cut for him.

Alabama, Florida State, Miami (Fla.), Notre Dame, Oklahoma State and Stanford are the six favorites for the nation’s sixth-best receiver.

The problem is Cunningham, who will take all five official visits, won’t be able to grant one of those schools an official.

The only program to secure a visit from the No. 46 player in the country at this point is Oklahoma State. Cunningham and his high school quarterback Mike White will head to Stillwater for the Cowboys’ game against No. 15 Texas.

Cowboys coach Mike Gundy has coached two future NFL first-round picks at Oklahoma State over the last three seasons.

“I just want to see the campus because [White has] been talking it up and see exactly how their offense is run,” Cunningham said.

The offense at Notre Dame also has the 6-foot-1, 175-pound interested, and it sounds like Notre Dame should receive a visit.

“I like the type of offense they run, and I have a good relationship with the coaches,” he said. “I’m going to out there and see the campus and see how it goes.”

Florida State has had strong recruiting classes under Jimbo Fisher, and the Seminoles coach has shown he is willing to play true freshmen. Cunningham believes he would be able to play as a freshman in Tallahassee.

“I’ve been there I think twice and I love their campus,” he said. “And offensively they play freshmen. I think I would have a good chance to play early there.

Academics will play a key role for Cunningham, who wants to major in engineering. Stanford’s athletics combined with academics has the Cardinal in the picture for Cunningham.

However, all these schools are playing catch up to Miami. The South Florida receiver is favoring the hometown team.

“They have a good history of winning championships, and I have a good relationship with Coach [George] McDonald, the receivers coach,” Cunningham said.

“They’re trying to sell me on being close to home, but I don’t really care about being far away. But I’ve always been a fan of the Hurricanes, so they have the advantage.”

“It’s right by my house, the home state,” Scarlett said. “… I do want to stay home, stay with my mom.”

Finally.

Advertisement
Can someone please tell me what Clint Hurtt is telling these kids? I'm sure it's not that he will have a 5 year show cause pretty soon, but, as a sales rep, whatever he's saying I want to know.

Thanks for the articles, but please make sure it's not "Insider" stuff as that is paid content.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back