Softball?

Advertisement
I wonder when Miami will field a Women's softball team? I played men's fastpitch in the Army and coached it in LL. Love the game and the girls enthusiasm.

The U and Softball
Could have sworn Rad mentioned adding it when he was hired. That and men’s golf seem like no brainers IMO, only question is where would they put a stadium?
Edit clicked your link and see you mentioned Rad.

It’s a great sport to watch, but I don’t think it’d work at UM. It’d have to go off campus which basically means the attendance is dead unless we become top 10. I think the university’s resources and energy would be better put into other sport; examples:
These wouldn’t require a new stadium, and could be played at Cobb as long as they can get the scheduling and lockeroom situation to work.

Improve Soccer (add men’s)
Add Lacrosse (both)
Add Field Hockey (women’s)

Advertisement
It’s a great sport to watch, but I don’t think it’d work at UM. It’d have to go off campus which basically means the attendance is dead unless we become top 10. I think the university’s resources and energy would be better put into other sport; examples:
These wouldn’t require a new stadium, and could be played at Cobb as long as they can get the scheduling and lockeroom situation to work.

Improve Soccer (add men’s)
Add Lacrosse (both)
Add Field Hockey (women’s)

Huh?

Softball is the very next sport to be added. It is being worked on right now.

Huh?

Softball is the very next sport to be added. It is being worked on right now.
I’m giving my opinion, not based on what the position of the athletic department.

I state why I think the addition wouldn’t be the best and alternate programs to put our attention to.

This is an opinion

100% we should have softball, men's soccer, and men's golf. Insane that we don't already.

I wondered why there was no softball team. I think lacrosse would be pretty cool… lacrosse bros would enjoy playing in Miami I think that could be successful down the line. Golf also makes no sense not to have

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back