So whats the difference?

NaplesCane

Portal transfer
Premium
Between Miami and Nebraska from last year? Nebraska a team that we beat narrowly because of D-No D at the end, we were actually up by 21 in 4th quarter. We returned more starters than they did. They are 7-1 we are 4-4. Is the ACC that much better?

Advertisement
I was curious about that. Honestly, I haven't watched any Nebraska football this season. They didn't all of the sudden get awesome. I think I saw somewhere that their strength of schedule was among the worst of all the power 5 teams.

honestly the difference is Miami lost two out of 3 of their best defensive players. There top contributors on both sides of the ball other than Corn are true Freshmen. Nebraska had a new staff last year and were adjusting, but this is their second year with him and are improving. Miami has a new staff and are adjusting now. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. Miami has an OL that is on pace to be the worst in the schools history.

Brad Kaaya - Miami currently is a top the power 5 in drops, and it is worth saying the Oline is horrible, not an excuse and absolute fact. He still has his highest career passing percentage. He has more picks than last year, but still on pace to have more touchdowns than last year. When the year is done you will be surprised by his stats. He is being a great leader right now, and for not being mobile he is getting every ounce he can without a run game and some putrid, horrific blocking going on.

Other than that nothing much I don't think.

Between Miami and Nebraska from last year? Nebraska a team that we beat narrowly because of D-No D at the end, we were actually up by 21 in 4th quarter. We returned more starters than they did. They are 7-1 we are 4-4. Is the ACC that much better?

Nebraska is 1-1 against teams with a winning record (their 1 win is against Wyoming who is G5)
They are 6-0 against teams at or below .500

Miami is 2-3 against teams with a winning record (GT and App State who is G5).
Miami is 2-1 against teams who are at or below .500

So yes...UNC, VT, and FSU are better than any team Nebraska has played so far this year, with the exception of Wisconsin, who they lost against.

Advertisement
Coach is in his 2nd year at Nebraska. Everyone is more comfortable with the situation.

And, yeah, their schedule has probably been easier than Miami's, to date.

Nebraska hasn't played anyone except Wisconsin

Fresno State
Wyoming
Oregon (they're pretty bad right now)
NOrthwestern
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue

This Nebraska team is the equivalent of our 2013 undefeated top 10 team. A paper tiger. The Oregon win is right there with our UF win.

I think our win over Ga Tech is better than any they have this year.

Advertisement

Fresno State
Wyoming
NOrthwestern
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue

44th SOS vs ours which is 12th. great points

Can't be accurate.

I keep reading on this site about how easy Miami's schedule is.

i had it sorted wrong. MIAMI is 39th, nebraska is 49th. womp womp wompppppppppppppppppppppp

Thanks for the correction.

Fresno State
Wyoming
NOrthwestern
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue

Can't be accurate.

i had it sorted wrong. MIAMI is 39th, nebraska is 49th. womp womp wompppppppppppppppppppppp

Nebraska has yet to play their biggest game against OSU who they may actually beat because OSU looks pretty rough this year.

Advertisement
Nebraska doesn't have FSU at the beginning of their schedule to send their season into a spiral. Until Rick finds a way to beat FSU or at least stop the slide after we lose to them then we will continue to lose 4-5 games every season. Also OP did you miss all the injuries and dismissals we had or did that fly right over your head?

Nebraska is 1-1 against teams with a winning record (their 1 win is against Wyoming who is G5)

So yes...UNC, VT, and FSU are better than any team Nebraska has played so far this year, with the exception of Wisconsin, who they lost against.

Lol would you look at that...Nebraska just lost 62-3...worse than Clemson/UNC game of last year lmao.

Lol would you look at that...Nebraska just lost 62-3...worse than Clemson/UNC game of last year lmao.

There's a feather in our cap. We suck, but at least so does Nebraska. Whew! We back?!

Advertisement

Fresno State
Wyoming
NOrthwestern
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue

Can't be accurate.

You JACKED us AROUND bro...shame on you

There's a feather in our cap. We suck, but at least so does Nebraska. Whew! We back?!

I'm not hanging my hat on a Nebraska loss...just answering the OP question on the difference of why Nebraska was Top 10 and Miami wasn't...It was strength of schedule and not actually them being an elite team after we dominated them(for the most part) last year.

Advertisement
Back