So no one is talking about...

robtorres34

Freshman
Utah trying to call themselves the real "U"? Can we fly a banner telling Richt to schedule Utah for next season? There's one open spot on the schedule right? Let's make it happen, **** Utah.

Advertisement
Utah trying to call themselves the real "U"? Can we fly a banner telling Richt to schedule Utah for next season? There's one open spot on the schedule right? Let's make it happen, **** Utah.

They'd smash us by at least 3 TD's if we played them.

I appreciate your honesty. Maybe this game next year could help Richt and miami send a message. This is a new miami. Who am I kidding.

Serious question here. When is the first time anyone remembers Miami being called "The U"? I don't recall it being called that in the 80's or 90's? Now mind you there was no internet and I'm stuck all the way up here in Edmonton, so. It could have been called that. But any big game I watched on tv I don't remember anyone referencing the U when it came to Miami. Was it 2000's? When all the draft picks were going to the NFL?

Advertisement
Serious question here. When is the first time anyone remembers Miami being called "The U"? I don't recall it being called that in the 80's or 90's? Now mind you there was no internet and I'm stuck all the way up here in Edmonton, so. It could have been called that. But any big game I watched on tv I don't remember anyone referencing the U when it came to Miami. Was it 2000's? When all the draft picks were going to the NFL?

We've been known as the U since we changed our helmets to the split U in 1973. It really became popular in the 80s when the "Its all about the U" slogan started, though.

Last edited:

Miami has been known as the U for a long time now. You ever watch monday night football and the starters would say what college they are from? The miami players would all say the U. Also the U hand gesture has been a Miami thing for years, Utah started doing it in recent years. But now like on GameDay today, Utah is starting to say they are the real U, that's a direct shot at miami.

Miami has been known as the U for a long time now. You ever watch monday night football and the starters would say what college they are from? The miami players would all say the U. Also the U hand gesture has been a Miami thing for years, Utah started doing it in recent years. But now like on GameDay today, Utah is starting to say they are the real U, that's a direct shot at miami.

yes I know. But they never did that in the 80's 90's? THe players never ever stated they were from the U. Maybe within Coral Gables the fans and students did. But not nationally. No one ever said in 89 or 91. The U has won the NC.

Advertisement
Nobody takes ******* Utah seriously. Uf tried to do the same thing a couple years ago but the difference is that they were actually good. You can't just take a teams nickname like it's a title bestowed upon those that are worthy year to year.

We've been known as the U since we changed our helmets to the split U in 1973. It really became popular in the 80s when the "Its all about the U" slogan started, though.
We went to the U on the helmet in 72, not 73. UM's "official history" can't even get it right.

Advertisement

We went to the U on the helmet in 72, not 73. UM's "official history" can't even get it right.

My bad I knew it was early 70s.

Advertisement
Back