So is the Uceda experiment over?

Miami04

Senior
This guy might be good and really could be a big help when he has a full off season and schedule to get ready for the ACC march.

But I cant help but notice that once Coach started trying to get him minutes we lost all the rhythm we had this year. I also noticed he is only playing 1 to 5 minutes a game now.

Advertisement
Maybe for this season, but you have to keep working him in here and there. Next season (and even possibly into the postseason this year) it will pay off.

As far as last night goes VT generally plays a very small lineup, therefore it really didn't make much sense to play him unless Tonye needed a break. Joe Thomas got some of his minutes last night too because he is a better defensive "big," whereas Uceda's strength is more on the offensive side of the ball.

I think he will play spot minutes here and there depending on the matchup. We really don't need a stretch 4 given we already have Sherman, not to mention I'd rather be developing a freshman in Omar versus trying to get marginal play from a JUCO in Cruz-Uceda. Next year, with Murphy and Jekiri starting and Sherman off the bench, I think you see Ivan taking on the Joe Thomas role.

As far as last night goes VT generally plays a very small lineup, therefore it really didn't make much sense to play him unless Tonye needed a break. Joe Thomas got some of his minutes last night too because he is a better defensive "big," whereas Uceda's strength is more on the offensive side of the ball.

You ain't kidding about BIG.

Advertisement
Uceda hurt his elbow in the Clemson game. That is a large part on why he hasn't played much the past few games.

Advertisement
Back