So Flo to Bama

Honestly sounded like one of the posters on here trying to prove Bama fans are all racist lololololol that was ducked up but i don’t think it proves anything tbh. I believe bama is a fan base based with racists. Just don’t think that was anything

Advertisement
I always find it interesting that we tend to point out racism on this board when it’s an athlete that we want opting to play for an SEC team. In all honesty, I find it insulting because we often exploit a serious issue and discuss it as recruiting tool on this board. As a black man, I can tell you that if I opted to go to UM over Bama racism isn’t going away. I’m not going feel as if I’m less effected by racism. I think we’re diminishing the significance of racism to a football matter. I’m black, I was born in raised in South Florida. I just turned 30, but that didn’t exclude me from being harassed on several occasions by white men following me home as a child, while threatening my life and calling me the n-word.

Pointing out the racist idiots in Bama doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen in Miami. The inception of this country was derived from a racist ideology. Let’s not reduce it to a football matter because we want recruits. Last I time I checked racism plagued the entire country.

And this is not a pro-Bama post because I wouldn’t play for any SEC school. However, it’s a post making many of you aware of what you doing when you oftentimes bring up racism in regards to recruits.

Advertisement
You can bags elsewhere, Those fans dont deserve our players

Just heard a Bama Insider radio show , A fan calls in dropping the N Bomb....Just dont understand how these kids from So Fla build up these teams that have fans like this..SMH

Yes they do.... Are you sure he wasn't quoting a rap song?

The way I see it as the term racist and the N word are nothing more than tools in today's society, White people that say it are so inconsequential that its meaningless because there FN goober dumb Fs that call their moms horrible names as well. Those idiots rep scum and nothing else, If you try to say they represent something else than your trying to be political and not trying to fight some fight worth fighting.

If it mattered then Alabama would not be number 1. Its a well known fact that its one of the states/teams (fans) filled with the most goober dumb Fs.

Last edited:
After watching the Mark Dupree story and how they treated their own. How do you expect them to treat you any better on that side of the south.

I always find it interesting that we tend to point out racism on this board when it’s an athlete that we want opting to play for an SEC team. In all honesty, I find it insulting because we often exploit a serious issue and discuss it as recruiting tool on this board. As a black man, I can tell you that if I opted to go to UM over Bama racism isn’t going away. I’m not going feel as if I’m less effected by racism. I think we’re diminishing the significance of racism to a football matter. I’m black, I was born in raised in South Florida. I just turned 30, but that didn’t exclude me from being harassed on several occasions by white men following me home as a child, while threatening my life and calling me the n-word.

Pointing out the racist idiots in Bama doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen in Miami. The inception of this country was derived from a racist ideology. Let’s not reduce it to a football matter because we want recruits. Last I time I checked racism plagued the entire country.

And this is not a pro-Bama post because I wouldn’t play for any SEC school. However, it’s a post making many of you aware of what you doing when you oftentimes bring up racism in regards to recruits.

You make some excellent points. Please consider these points as well.

First, I do not think people are merely pointing things out to "get recruits". I do think many people continue to be bothered by the way that longstanding racism in the south, and the plantation mentality, are not factored into the equation as much as they should be. I realize that recruited athletes and their families are trying to make good decisions for their futures, and I respect that. But often these kids only spend a few days on an SEC campus, and with a very limited snapshot of that geographic area. They are whisked from meal to meal, from coach to coach, and they really don't get a chance to see what actual daily life will be like. I do not have some sort of "cure" for this, but I think that the "southern rural areas are still more racist than other areas" factor is often overlooked because recruits and their families usually just get a brief (and very positive) view of the SEC campuses.

Second, nobody thinks that "racism is going away" simply because a recruit chooses not to go to an SEC school. And nobody is saying that there is an absence of racism in other locations. I think many of us realize that racism is more ingrained, tolerated, and celebrated in certain parts of the country. As observers, I think many of us wonder why a person who may have been fortunate to grow up in an area which is somewhat less racist and/or tolerant of many different cultures will knowingly choose to live in an area where racism is deeper and stronger.

I don't think that any of us are naive enough to think that one law or one boycott or one uprising will end racism in America. I think most of us are realistic enough to understand that it may still take hundreds more years to erase the original sin that you accurately pointed out as arising hundreds of years ago. At the same time, many people feel that we should take all of these small steps in the meantime, that laws and boycotts and uprisings do have some gradual impact, and that hateful minds are not changed overnight. Speaking for myself, I don't like to put myself in the situation of aiding or abetting racism, though I know that my own personal actions are not going to single-handedly win the war on racism.

Also, speaking for myself only, I recently spent a year working and living in South Carolina (near Clemson). It was very eye-opening as to the way in which hundreds of years of racism has shaped a location, and how oblivious people can be towards the ongoing daily "small-dose" racism that still exists.

We all know that there are many big stadiums, winning coaches, rabid fanbases, and historical wins at the SEC schools. But we also shouldn't forget how those schools and stadiums were funded and built, and how they continue to tolerate a certain kind of behavior. I realize that some people bristle when we use the term "racism" to describe this modern-day variant of it, so for now let's call it "entitlement". It's still there. But let's just talk about it and not ignore it or claim "it doesn't exist anymore".

Last edited:
Advertisement

First, I do not think people are merely pointing things out to "get recruits". I do think many people continue to be bothered by the way that longstanding racism in the south, and the plantation mentality, are not factored into the equation as much as they shoudl be. I realize that recruited athletes and their families are trying to make good decisions for their futures, and I respect that. But often these kids only spend a few days on an SEC campus, and with a very limited snapshot of that geographic area. They are whisked from meal to meal, from coach to coach, and they really don't get a chance to see what actual daily life will be like. I do not have some sort of "cure" for this, but I think that the "southern rural areas are still more racist than other areas" factor is often overlooked because recruits and their families usually just get a brief (and very positive) view of the SEC campuses.

Second, nobody thinks that "racism is going away" simply because a recruit chooses not to go to an SEC school. And nobody is saying that there is an absence of racism in other locations. I think many of us realize that racism is more ingrained, tolerated, and celebrated in certain parts of the country. As observers, I think many of us wonder why a person who may have been fortunate to grow up in an area which is somewhat less racist and/or tolerant of many different cultures will knowingly choose to live in an area where racism is deeper and stronger.

I don't think that any of us are naive enough to think that one law or one boycott or one uprising will end racism in America. I think most of us are realistic enough to understand that it may still take hundreds more years to erase the original sin that you accurately pointed out as arising hundreds of years ago. At the same time, many people feel that we should take all of these small steps in the meantime, that laws and boycotts and uprisings do have some gradual impact, and that hateful minds are not changed overnight. Speaking for myself, I don't like to put myself in the situation of aiding or abetting racism, though I know that my own personal actions are not going to single-handedly win the war on racism.

Also, speaking for myself only, I recently spent a year working and living in South Carolina (near Clemson). It was very eye-opening as to the way in which hundreds of years of racism has shaped a location, and how oblivious people can be towards the ongoing daily "small-dose" racism that still exists.

We all know that there are many big stadiums, winning coaches, rabid fanbases, and historical wins at the SEC schools. But we also shouldn't forget how those schools and stadiums were funded and built, and how they continue to tolerate a certain kind of behavior. I realize that some people bristle when we use the term "racism" to describe this modern-day variant of it, so for now let's call it "entitlement". It's still there. But let's just talk about it and not ignore it or claim "it doesn't exist anymore".

Excellent reply and I agree with you 100%. I guess for black men when we see the "Why kids want to go to a place so racist" we automatically come with the eye rolls. But I can't argue with anything you stated above and I appreciate the thought put into the response. Much better than the usual dismissiveness that happens when we talk about race.

Money
Successful Program
Gets them to the Pros

Not sure how you don't understand that.

Yes we know. The morality and just overall awareness of young people these days is pathetic though. Just saw a story on national tv last night with Lester Holt. At Oklahoma,( Where our friend Hurts decided to take his talents 😒), There were some sorority girls dressed in black face in a social media post; and throwing around the N word. Yea,.. whatever.

Yes we know. The morality and just overall awareness of young people these days is pathetic though. Just saw a story on national tv last night with Lester Holt. At Oklahoma,( Where our friend Hurts decided to take his talents 😒), There were some sorority girls dressed in black face in a social media post; and throwing around the N word. Yea,.. whatever.

Agreed. These days, a lot of the parents of white kids do not actually teach difficult issues, like racism in American society. Textbooks are being rewritten so that the word "slavery" is taken out and replaced by "the Atlantic triangle trade". Then these kids get to college and think it will be SOOOO hilarious to put on some black face (and, hey, maybe the kids aren't even as racist as kids were 50 years ago, but it could just be a sense of entitlement coupled with them being oblivious to the world around them).

It's just sad to think that today's younger generation, which has so much more ACCESS to information via the internet, can still lack awareness on lots of important subjects. Particularly on the subject of race and race relations. They haven't seen it up-close and personally, so it's like it doesn't even exist to them.

Advertisement

First, I do not think people are merely pointing things out to "get recruits". I do think many people continue to be bothered by the way that longstanding racism in the south, and the plantation mentality, are not factored into the equation as much as they should be. I realize that recruited athletes and their families are trying to make good decisions for their futures, and I respect that. But often these kids only spend a few days on an SEC campus, and with a very limited snapshot of that geographic area. They are whisked from meal to meal, from coach to coach, and they really don't get a chance to see what actual daily life will be like. I do not have some sort of "cure" for this, but I think that the "southern rural areas are still more racist than other areas" factor is often overlooked because recruits and their families usually just get a brief (and very positive) view of the SEC campuses.

You bring up some good points but I’m just saying let’s not just bring up the discussion when want to get a recruit. Believe me I understand the racism that exists in the south, but as a black man I’m just these athletes also realize that it’s just not restricted to those areas. Like I said, I grew up down here and I had traumatic experiences regarding the racism, my dad is only 55 and he experienced racism down here in south Florida. Whether we stayed in Miami or went to a SEC school that wasn’t going to change.

I’m just saying, I think we sometimes minimize this issue when only bring discuss it pertaining to a recruit. Hey we’re talking about them feeling secure and recognizing the history all institutions played regarding racism then the top black athletes should opt for the HBCUs but it doesn’t work like that. We need these discussions but not only because X recruit chose SEC over UM.

you are correct, my friend.

as my uncle used to say, ******** don't stop at state lines.

that being said, i think we can all agree that the racism is so much more culturally imbedded in places like alabama, versus south florida. if i'm a minority, of any kind: black, hispanic, ******, muslim, asian, ... doesn't matter. i'm going to be much more comfortable and socially successful and integrated (both actually and potentially) in south florida than in SEC country.

it's not perfect. there's no place like that. but it's **** sight better!

it's even better than rock ridge :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

This is how it is in bama since birth
es_smokingbaby_kids.jpg

Advertisement
Same stuff happening in Miami. We are no different than Bama racist state. We pulling out guns on kids while reciting racial slur.

you are correct, my friend.

as my uncle used to say, ******** don't stop at state lines.

that being said, i think we can all agree that the racism is so much more culturally imbedded in places like alabama, versus south florida. if i'm a minority, of any kind: black, hispanic, ******, muslim, asian, ... doesn't matter. i'm going to be much more comfortable and socially successful and integrated (both actually and potentially) in south florida than in SEC country.

it's not perfect. there's no place like that. but it's **** sight better!

it's even better than rock ridge :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

CLassic movie

Advertisement
Back