Slow tempo offense

brock

All-American
That's the real problem. We looked so, MUCH better running plays at a faster rate then when we tried to methodically go down the field. This has happened in the past as well. Golden nuetering the offense when we should be trying to score quick... This ain't the big ten golden wtf...

Advertisement
That's the real problem. We looked so, MUCH better running plays at a faster rate then when we tried to methodically go down the field. This has happened in the past as well. Golden nuetering the offense when we should be trying to score quick... This ain't the big ten golden wtf...

he's doing that to protect his fragile defense.

our coaches are firm believers that up tempo offenses are easier to defend despite our defense getting butt rammed by them on a daily.

That's not the "real problem." The real problem is we've got a **** head coach a **** OC and ****** players. The "tempo" is now going to be another thing Al's army thinks will actually fix the program.

Golden has to protect #GameBall . He'd be insane to go uptempo the entire game. Our defense would end up giving up epic numbers if he did that. He has to pick his spots. If I were Golden I would hand the ball off to our RBs (which they did), throw the ball to the tight end (which they inexplicably didn't after telling us all summer how good they were), and take shots downfield with the WRs. Yep. That's vanilla. I think vanilla would be a step up from what we do now. And I'd milk the clock for the very second, except in situations where it would make sense or be to our advantage to go uptempo, like once a half.

Advertisement
Coley has tried to go up tempo in the past. It was painful to watch. By the time they get all lined up and checked with the sideline and hiked the ball it was the equivalent to a normal offense's regular pace.

These guys are slow. On offense, on defense to get lined up, everywhere. It's a sign of confusion. It's a sign that our coaches don't know what they're doing.

We dont have disciplined enough coaches to go up tempo. They also lack the intestinal fortitude and intellect.

Something is truly missing on this team...Offense and Defense take so long to get into position that I begin to loose interest before the snap

Yep, its the offense that is the problem, not the defense that FAU rack up hundreds of yards. This is your coach who you slobbered over during the off season.

Advertisement

Yep, its the offense that is the problem, not the defense that FAU rack up hundreds of yards. This is your coach who you slobbered over during the off season.

Come on now I'm talking about what is wrong with the offense. Don't get me started on this defense.....

Last edited:
We can't run a proper up-tempo when the OL are slow and grossly overweight. With the exception of Odogwu, they all could use 10-15lbs in weight reduction and get leaner...reduce the **** fat!

Come on now I'm talking about what ms wrong with the offense. Don't get me started on this defense.....

You said the real problem is the offense, when its the defense. The OLine sucks hard and I will be surprised if Kaaya does not hurt this season.

Woffense. Herndon, Stan, and the other guy were put on the side of a milk carton last night. Kaaya couldn't find them.

Advertisement

Come on now I'm talking about what ms wrong with the offense. Don't get me started on this defense.....

You said the real problem is the offense, when its the defense. The OLine sucks hard and I will be surprised if Kaaya does not hurt this season.
Well I am talking about what's wrong with the offense... Our offense looks stagnant and inept at times because they are being restricted on scoring as fast as they can so they can have sustained drives and chew up clock. So yes that's the real problem on offense. Again don't get me started on the defense that sh*t looked like sh*t yesterday in the first half

Well I am talking about what's wrong with the offense... Our offense looks stagnant and inept at times because they are being restricted on scoring as fast as they can so they can have sustained drives and chew up clock. So yes that's the real problem on offense. Again don't get me started on the defense that sh*t looked like sh*t yesterday in the first half

The problem with our offense is our players aren't any good. We have an awful OL and WR's who can't get open. The delusion Al's Army has that things can change because of schematics is just rhat: delusional.

Advertisement
Seems like it was just a few years ago when we had Morris at QB that we ran a fast paced offensive and it wasn't to bad.

Seems like it was just a few years ago when we had Morris at QB that we ran a fast paced offensive and it wasn't to bad.

People were non stop throwing Morris under the bus when Coley was the issue. Everyone kept trying to say Morris was too limited so they were playing to his strengths, but in reality, Coley does not know how to put his offense in a position to succeed.

We can't run a proper up-tempo when the OL are slow and grossly overweight. With the exception of Odogwu, they all could use 10-15lbs in weight reduction and get leaner...reduce the **** fat!

That's what they want. They want to play power football. March down the field on methodical drives to eat clock and protect the defense.

Advertisement
Back