Signing Day

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
Signing day. We need to give a major S/O to this coaching staff for keeping this very very good class together after the coaching change
15/20 of the guys committed are from the state 7 coming from the South Florida Area. 9 if you want to include Naples

Lazaro Collera RHP PG10 Signed
Fabio Peralta OF PG10 Signed
Michael Torres OF PG9.5 Signed
Ethan Puig OF PG9.5 Signed
Evan Taveras C PG9.5 Signed
Elijah Hurt OF PG9.5 Signed
Ryan Ashford LHP PG9.5 Signed
Howard Tate DeRias RHP PG9.5 Signed
David Shields LHP PG10 Signed
Alex Kuenzie OF No Rank
AJ Ciscar RHP No Rank

Few notable guys that I do not know the status of
Johnny King LHP PG10
Bailan Caraballo OF PG10
Nolan Johnson C PG9

Last edited:
Advertisement
As i stated in one of the baseball thread, Our pitching for this current season is going to struggle. I've we can get Lazaro and King on campus, we will be in business. I believe DeRias, Ashford, Shields all make it to campus

I do follow baseball recruiting and the roster management of the team. I was not able to find anything about the three players committed, but not signed yet.
Your evaluation and opinion is greatly appreciated regarding the pitching and possible lineup.
Yes, the pitching or lack of pitching is a concern for me going into next season. A status report on Caba, Crowther and Walters who were injured last season? I have to believe that if we can get some quality innings out of these three guys would be a big boost for the staff.
As for J.D. Urso from Tampa, he is a 5th year player and an excellent D2 player. I have stated this before, put him in CF if it means getting our best nine on the field.

I do follow baseball recruiting and the roster management of the team. I was not able to find anything about the three players committed, but not signed yet.
Your evaluation and opinion is greatly appreciated regarding the pitching and possible lineup.
Yes, the pitching or lack of pitching is a concern for me going into next season. A status report on Caba, Crowther and Walters who were injured last season? I have to believe that if we can get some quality innings out of these three guys would be a big boost for the staff.
As for J.D. Urso from Tampa, he is a 5th year player and an excellent D2 player. I have stated this before, put him in CF if it means getting our best nine on the field.
I do not believe Caba or Crowther are on the roster anymore. Walters will be full go in the spring. Staff is being cautious with him. Nolan Johnson Signed yesterday. I'm assuming all of them have signed, it is very hard to near impossible for a kid to flip on signing day because these coaching staffs have their scholarships divided out already.

Advertisement
Yes, Ashton Crowther is no longer on the roster as he will transfer to Pasco Hernando State to continue his career. Caba doesn't have the JC option.
I was banking on some innings from these guys this season. Looks like Herick Hernandez and Julian Hernandez will be counted on for big innings this season.
It was encouraging to hear Nick Robert showed some promise in the fall scrimmages. What other freshmen will develop as the season goes?
Is there any mid-term JC players that could transfer? We need all the arms we can get.

Yes, Ashton Crowther is no longer on the roster as he will transfer to Pasco Hernando State to continue his career. Caba doesn't have the JC option.
I was banking on some innings from these guys this season. Looks like Herick Hernandez and Julian Hernandez will be counted on for big innings this season.
It was encouraging to hear Nick Robert showed some promise in the fall scrimmages. What other freshmen will develop as the season goes?
Is there any mid-term JC players that could transfer? We need all the arms we can get.
I was hoping to see more of Herick this winter. He was the one guy I though could make an immediate impact. He got drafted by the reds in this passed draft.

Signing day. We need to give a major S/O to this coaching staff for keeping this very very good class together after the coaching change
15/20 of the guys committed are from the state 7 coming from the South Florida Area. 9 if you want to include Naples

Lazaro Collera RHP PG10 Signed
Fabio Peralta OF PG10 Signed
Michael Torres OF PG9.5 Signed
Ethan Puig OF PG9.5 Signed
Evan Taveras C PG9.5 Signed
Elijah Hurt OF PG9.5 Signed
Ryan Ashford LHP PG9.5 Signed
Howard Tate DeRias RHP PG9.5 Signed
David Shields LHP PG9 Signed
Alex Kuenzie OF No Rank
AJ Ciscar RHP No Rank

Few notable guys that I do not know the status of
Johnny King LHP PG10
Bailan Caraballo OF PG10
Nolan Johnson C PG9
Nice - thanks for the info. #6 ranked class according to PG. Let's hope we get all or almost all to campus.

Advertisement
#6 class but Miami can’t compete with state schools because of the tuition differential 😂😂😂
We land usually a top 5 class annually, the problem is actually getting the highly ranked guys on campus. Our top of the class is elite of elite, but the depth guys that we need to develop for 2-4 years down the line, is not the best. Hopefully that changes with this new staff.

We land usually a top 5 class annually, the problem is actually getting the highly ranked guys on campus. Our top of the class is elite of elite, but the depth guys that we need to develop for 2-4 years down the line, is not the best. Hopefully that changes with this new staff.
That’s the case for all top schools that shoot for the stars. And as for developing depth players, that hasn’t been the case and I don’t expect it to change with a refurbished version of the previous admins at the helm.

I expect it to change because we added Coach Fenster. He is an A+ hire off his resume
@The Franchise … he’s come back home!!!

IMG_1666.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back