Signing Day Shenanigans - - Not Miami This Year

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Seems a few other programs like Miss St and Tenn were on the receiving end of "I'm locked to you, nope, I'm going elsewhere" garbage.

Another incremental improvement for the program.

Who landed the biggest sting on a flip?

Bama over LSU??

Advertisement
Not sure if it is "shenanigans", but I think the Gaytors thought they had a shot with a lot more guys than they actually ended up having a shot with.

For a "top 10 signing class", the Gaytors got nobody new on Signing Day, while I think every other school got at least one (including Miami).

Plus, they appear to have NOT gotten signatures from a few of their long-time verbals. On 247, the Gaytors have FIVE unsigned "hard commits". LSU has 3. Oregon has 1 (Flowe). Notre Dame has 1. That means, the Gaytors have as many verbals who did NOT sign yesterday as the combined total of every other Top 10 class (5).

And the Gaytors are sitting on 26 verbals. Even if Black and Hammond "don't count" as ICs because they signed in a prior year, the Gaytors still need to resolve 4 of those 5 "unsigned hard commits" before they can honestly sign anyone else.

So, yeah, the Gaytors may not have LOST a Flipz, but they didn't get anyone either, and that has to sting.

ROFL, this recruiting **** is funny every year, watching people get happy or sad over these nerd recruiting sites class and player rankings bullshat. There are no real stars hovering over any players head. All that matters is did we get the right players that fit whatever systems we running, and that's primarily what it's about at these other spots as well. Anybody celebrating as if we somehow won the recruiting game again based on the morons that consistently don't know what or how to evaluate players.

Advertisement
Back