SIAP - Richt Media Day Presser 8/13/2018

Advertisement
AT 23:28 Richt answered the question many of us had: Why don't we go 1st team vs 1st team and 2nd team vs 2nd team?

Personally, I trust Richt and if he believes with his vast experience that it is best, than I am all for it. I would like to ask a follow-up to Richt, though, and see why he can't go half and half. Half 1st team vs 1st team to really get a game day presence and then half 1st vs 2nd to get that work in vs different looks. I guess the problem would be confusion and number of reps per team. But during the first scrimmage and especially during the spring I think it would give us a better gauge on our players.

AT 23:28 Richt answered the question many of us had: Why don't we go 1st team vs 1st team and 2nd team vs 2nd team?

Personally, I trust Richt and if he believes with his vast experience that it is best, than I am all for it. I would like to ask a follow-up to Richt, though, and see why he can't go half and half. Half 1st team vs 1st team to really get a game day presence and then half 1st vs 2nd to get that work in vs different looks. I guess the problem would be confusion and number of reps per team. But during the first scrimmage and especially during the spring I think it would give us a better gauge on our players.

Even the most casual college of football fans know that 1's vs 1's RARELY if ever happen until bowl practices.

It's been like that for decades. I'm pretty sure even Saban and Meyer keep it old school on that front.

At least Meyer did when he was at Putah.

Advertisement
The first question was about a player injury. I couldn't tell which reporter asked the question. But I have a hunch it was CIS favorite reporter who loves talking injuries. Am I right?

Advertisement
10:22 The Legend of King Chocolate! ... "The guy who helped himself more than anyone in this camp, Trayone Gray"

Appreciate how engaging he is as opposed to coaches like Saban,Meyer, Malzahn or Harbaugh who seem annoyed and are looking at their watch thirty seconds into the presser. He seems to enjoy the process and the opportunity to share his thoughts.

Appreciate how engaging he is as opposed to coaches like Saban,Meyer, Malzahn or Harbaugh who seem annoyed and are looking at their watch thirty seconds into the presser. He seems to enjoy the process and the opportunity to share his thoughts.

The big question is "what is he hiding".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back