SIAP: miamiherald.com

HurricaneU

American Patriot
Sorry if this was already posted but this Herald article, at least the quotes, really capture the current mood and problems I think so many of us fans have right now.

"But talk around the UM community is that big-money boosters are reaching their boiling point regarding the losses in big games – notably that UM is 3-7 against Top-25 teams under Golden. They blame the defense, which has allowed at least 200 yards rushing 15 times since Golden and D’Onofrio arrived in 2011.

One Golden Cane (donations of at least $15,000 a year), who asked to remain anonymous “out of respect to Al Golden’s family,’’ said he told UM the balance he owes them for season tickets “would be paid upon a better product on the field.”

“Do something to correct the situation,” the booster said. “In the company I run, if my general manager doesn’t adapt and doesn’t go with a game plan that works, I’m going to fire him.
[emphasis added]
“I’d rather lose the money I’ve given so far then have to sit there and watch that defense and scheme he refuses to change. It breaks my heart because I bleed green and orange.”"

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article2208539.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back