SIAP - Clinton Portis 5TD game 2003

Advertisement
Advertisement
Still remember the tales of how Soldinger had to sneak him into the game at UW in 2000. And he made a huge difference when he got in, too.
Sarge was instrumental in Portis's recruitment...although i'm still dismayed on Portis's fumble, which in all likelihood cost us the game, but he more than made up for it the following yr...

Sarge was instrumental in Portis's recruitment...although i'm still dismayed on Portis's fumble, which in all likelihood cost us the game, but he more than made up for it the following yr...
It was a game that came down to one play, for sure. I guess we could blame the fumble. I still don’t think Dorsey’s arm-in -forward-motion play should have been ruled a fumble. That one hurt too.

Advertisement
Am I the only one who read the headline as "Clinton Portis STD game?

lol Just me, I guess.

Too bad the Broncos traded him, he would've put up insane yardage in Shanahan's system. Not that he didn't have a nice career as it was.

yup. He would have been up there. He did well in Washington but Gibbs wanted to put him on the Alf gluten plan and that probably hurt him a bit. He was so explosive in denver

Advertisement
Back