Siap 5-0 “I don’t think we’ve achieved anything yet.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbcane

Senior
University of Miami coach Al Golden said Wednesday that his No. 13 Hurricanes have concentrated solely on themselves this week before they shift their focus to next Thursday night’s North Carolina game.

And, in true Golden form, he answered a question about “national recognition” for Miami being “slow” considering what the Hurricanes have achieved thus far, by saying, “I don’t think we’ve achieved anything yet.”

Speaking on the Atlantic Coast Conference coaches’ teleconference, Golden told the reporter who noted Miami (5-0, 1-0 ACC) is undefeated and its wins over Florida and Georgia Tech were pretty impressive, “You know, we were 4-0 in the out-of-conference [games]. We locked that up, put that in a chest and threw it away.

“Then, obviously in our first ACC contest last week, Georgia Tech played really well. We turned the ball over, had some penalties that we had to get cleaned up. We were fortunate to win. So we’re 1-0 in the conference and now we’re playing North Carolina.

“The rest of it we don’t worry about very much. It all shakes out on the field… Hopefully we can continue to keep that bunker mentality and not worry about the external and just stay focused first this week on taking care of our academics and improving in our fundamentals.’’

GETTING TREATMENT

Golden said his “chief concern” regarding quarterback Stephen Morris, who has been playing very well the past few games, is getting him healthy for the Tar Heels (1-4, 0-2 ACC).

Morris sustained a deep right-ankle bruise against Savannah State on Sept. 21, and as of Saturday against Georgia Tech it was painful. Golden said after the victory that Morris had reassured him that he was fine whenever the coach asked leading up to the game.

“We’ve held him out the last few days,” Golden said Wednesday. “We’re being more aggressive in the treatment schedule, which we can be because we’re not working on North Carolina yet. He seems to be doing great, making a lot of progress.”

Then, Golden added: “I’m not taking Stephen for his word anymore. I’m going to make sure myself that he’s OK. Hopefully we’ll get him OK here in the next 48 hours or 72 hours and get him ready for game week. There is no question he’s been playing good football for us.”

• Wide receiver Rashawn Scott (shoulder/collarbone) is “running routes full speed,” Golden said. “Whether he’s able to take a hit yet, I don’t know. But he’s running routes and doing all the non-contact stuff and

Last edited:
Advertisement
What Golden is displaying is real leadership. Something that has been missing at UM for a loooooooong time

Seems like Rashawn Scott could be ready for FSU.....

190.jpg

I agree. You are only as good as the worst Coastal team you lose to.

We need to sweep the **** Coastal.

He's not lying...good leader! if we stay healthy, I like our chances of going 12-0!

Advertisement
Golden gets it. He will be saying the same thing right before the NC game in Pasadena, because until he lifts that crystal ball over his head we haven't accomplished anything. That is what he came here for; this is what we expect; that is what we demand. Al is not going to lift his foot off the gas until we are NC, period. And then he will say "tomorrow we go back to work to make sure we are back here next year." He did not come here for a job; he came on a mission, a crusade I dare say. He has forged a weapon that he will improve each week and each year. He is focused on shapening the weapon and carving each week's victim one at a time. We can look ahead and be happy, but not him. Al just gets it.

Al "THE DON" Golden knows how to lead this team....Man this guy has and gets "IT"

Golden gets it. He will be saying the same thing right before the NC game in Pasadena, because until he lifts that crystal ball over his head we haven't accomplished anything. That is what he came here for; this is what we expect; that is what we demand. Al is not going to lift his foot off the gas until we are NC, period. And then he will say "tomorrow we go back to work to make sure we are back here next year." He did not come here for a job; he came on a mission, a crusade I dare say. He has forged a weapon that he will improve each week and each year. He is focused on shapening the weapon and carving each week's victim one at a time. We can look ahead and be happy, but not him. Al just gets it.

Word of advice - the parking s_cks in Pasadena and the signage is worse. Better to park in the city and take one of the buses they have set up.

Advertisement
Lol

Advertisement
Holy Jesus I just threw up a little. Mind if I lock this monstrosity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back