SI: Miami upsets Florida in rivalry's last meeting

Advertisement
"After the Hurricanes recovered a Florida onside kick with 2:08 remaining, Gators defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. lit into Miami receiver Phillip Dorsett. As an official held back the 266-pound Fowler, the 179-pound Dorsett calmly raised his arm and pointed to the scoreboard."

Awesome.

Advertisement
As the Hurricanes dressed in their locker room before the game, sophomore defensive end Tyriq McCord didn't sense anything different about the day. Then he ran through the smoke during pregame introductions just before kickoff. "When we came out here," McCord said, pointing at the field, "we knew it meant something." Though the crowd of 76,968 set an attendance record for Miami since its move to Sun Life Stadium from the Orange Bowl in 2008, it wasn't a true sellout. There were rows of empty seats...Miami has always had fair-weather fans. The 'Canes play for one another, and they acted like it on Saturday.

Wow, hate to say it, but actually, SI gets it. What it means to be a Cane.

I don't know where this season goes, but this victory will be one you bronze and put on your mantle. This was a big, no other way to put it

As the onside kick was being lined up for, I just thought how sick I'd be if somehow UF won this.

This W wasn't just for the here and now( for UM and Golden) but for historical purposes. Just the fact you can say 'UM won the last 7 out of 8' I mean, tell me that doesn't sound great?

I don't know where this season goes, but this victory will be one you bronze and put on your mantle. This was a big, no other way to put it

As the onside kick was being lined up for, I just thought how sick I'd be if somehow UF won this.

This W wasn't just for the here and now( for UM and Golden) but for historical purposes. Just the fact you can say 'UM won the last 7 out of 8' I mean, tell me that doesn't sound great?

88% winning record against that school in my lifetime. I love it.

This game reminded me a lot of the '87 Fiesta Bowl except we were playing the Penn State role. Despite getting out gained in total yards we were opportunistic and our defense came up huge with 5 turnovers. It's cathartic because that game always stuck in my craw.

Advertisement
This game reminded me a lot of the '87 Fiesta Bowl except we were playing the Penn State role. Despite getting out gained in total yards we were opportunistic and our defense came up huge with 5 turnovers. It's cathartic because that game always stuck in my craw.

word of the day it seems

Advertisement
Back