Shirreffs > Lawson?

troycbullock

Redshirt Freshman
I never thought I would say this but I am gonna say this right now. If we end up with Shirreffs, we may have to thank Dwayne Lawson. I now am convinced he is a better prospect. Check out this throwing session below. Notice the excellent fakes and follow-thru. Look at him going through progressions. Look at him leading receivers and changing the speed on the ball as necessary. I am looking at these seniors throwing in the Senior Bowl practices and his skills are better than any of those guys. Miami needs to lock this kid up this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-QB3oQ4M5A

Advertisement
You're saying Evan Shirreffs, with a whopping total of two offers from Columbia and Virginia Military Institute, is a better talent than Dwayne Lawson? And he has better skills than all the college graduate QBs participating in the Senior Bowl?

All because of a three-minute YouTube video showing him throwing against air?

cheryl-huh.gif

IQSK4Qy.gif

O8aP2oE.gif

tumblr_mxiba1B2lS1sarqg1o1_400.gif

kids a nice underrated prospect, solid find by coley. but lawson is cam newton esc he'll dominate at VT he's gonna be giving us headaches for 4 years.

I'd rather we continue recruiting Torrance Gibson knowing full well it will just result in him tossing our hat on the ground again, if he flips from OSU to Auburn or some other school, instead of throwing an offer to Shirreffs.

They already botched QB recruiting in this class by failing to successfully counter Virginia Tech's pitch to lure Lawson away. Don't exacerbate the problem by bringing in someone who makes Gray Crow look like Aaron Rodgers just because you've mismanaged your roster so egregiously that there will be only 2 scholarship QBs on the team next season.

Advertisement
I like Shirreffs potential but this is a reach.

Lawson over Shirreffs.

Would prefer we continue recruiting Gibson like we are and to pursue Lamar Jackson. I'll pass.

is this serious? I haven't seen either play, but you're telling me Shireffs is better based on that grainy piece of crap video where he is basically playing catch?

Lawson will put up big games against us just as Logan Thomas did and it won't bother mgr one bit.

GO BIG RED

First, off all I am a Lawson fan. I literally teared up when he de-commited because I felt his skills complemented BK's. Unlike others, I didn't believe we would have needed to re-shirt him. I believe his athleticism could have earned valuable playing time in 2015 and could have carved out a quality year for himself. That being said, Shirreffs film shows better mechanics, ability to read and go through progressions, accuracy both in the pocket and on the move. Snaps from under center and in shot-gun. Pocket presence and athletic ability to boot. Another words, he is college ready. If you look at his brother Bryant's tape, you will see similar abilities and attributes which is indicative of a high level of coaching at his HS. Lawson, who will gain time because of his feet will need coaching at the next level to help round out some of these abilities. I am not sure he will get that at VT. Lawson is a loss for sure but I believe Shirreffs could prove to be the better QB.

Advertisement
How do you know Lawson is good. We have seen him on grainy tape as well. He wasn't listed among the elite and didn't appear in the Elite events either. All we have to go on is tapes for both of them. Shirreffs tape is as good or better than Lawson's when you evaluate all area's of a QB. If Shirreffs had 4 stars and had more offers we wouldn't be having this conversation. In essence your argument hinges on stars and not on evaluation or eye tests which is all we really have to go on at this point.

We're all in agree about Al and status of program, but hard to say staff mismanaged Lawson's recruitment.

He caught the case of Brad Kaaya's disease. He flat out didn't want to compete and said it in every interview I heard. I personally think he would have complimented Kaaya's ability's and would have carved out some game time n 2015 because of his skills. He however didn't have enough faith in them and didn't want to compete at the highest levels. At VT he will have average competition which he was more comfortable with.

Advertisement
How do you know Lawson is good. We have seen him on grainy tape as well. He wasn't listed among the elite and didn't appear in the Elite events either. All we have to go on is tapes for both of them. Shirreffs tape is as good or better than Lawson's when you evaluate all area's of a QB. If Shirreffs had 4 stars and had more offers we wouldn't be having this conversation. In essence your argument hinges on stars and not on evaluation or eye tests which is all we really have to go on at this point.
Are you remedial? If he had 4,stars and all these offers?...... If your aunt had a dik she'd be your uncle! This falls right along the line of recruiting Dewey, Gray Crow and Heaps. Simply failure resulting in Brad playing a a true Fr. Pathetic. The **** wrong with you. Kids don't get missed these days, they may get missed by the big dogs in cases but they don't pass the mid majors and fall to William and Mary unless it's other circumstances other than football.

I'd rather we continue recruiting Torrance Gibson knowing full well it will just result in him tossing our hat on the ground again, if he flips from OSU to Auburn or some other school, instead of throwing an offer to Shirreffs.

They already botched QB recruiting in this class by failing to successfully counter Virginia Tech's pitch to lure Lawson away. Don't exacerbate the problem by bringing in someone who makes Gray Crow look like Aaron Rodgers just because you've mismanaged your roster so egregiously that there will be only 2 scholarship QBs on the team next season.

I'd full court press Gibson as well. Small chance he flips to us.

If they want Shirreffs, who is a better prospect then expected considering offers, then do it last minute. He isn't turning down Miami considering its light years better then his other options.

Advertisement
Lawson doesn't want to compete for the job...I would take shirreffs has the intangibles in the next level...plus with Allison coming in 2016 Lawson knows he's going to take a back seat..

I know Lawson is good because I have been watching him live since his soph. year when he beat Armwood coming off a state championship and on something like a 20 game winning streak.

Advertisement
Back