Shaq gets it...from espn

Notre Dame and Miami understand what's at stake when they play Saturday

"We all know that we can't lose to them," Miami linebacker Shaq Quarterman said after practice Tuesday. "Last year happened, and we didn't come out with the results we wanted, but this year we can't lose to them. It's just the standard that was set before us."

Miami is expecting a raucous crowd on Saturday night -- even louder than last week's near-sellout against Virginia Tech. The game is sold out, except for club level seats, and the cheapest tickets are going for over $200 on the resale market.

"It's going to be unbelievable," offensive lineman KC McDermott said. "The way the fans showed up this past week, we are very excited about that. That's something that, I don't think people understand, that gets us juiced. I have chills right now, just thinking about that crowd last Saturday. I can't wait to see what it's going to be like this Saturday. You know, when we drive over that overpass to come to Hurricane Walk and see how many cars are there, we were rocking the bus on the overpass. We need our fans there. That's something that gets us juiced and ready to go."

Advertisement
The guys on the team obviously get juiced by the crowds - would love see how they get amped for 2 games in a row. They will have played 2 emotionally charged games In a row.

There's another line from Shaq, something along the lines of this season being our revenge tour on everyone that beat us last year. Got my hyped af

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back