SFL Coaching progression question.

Advertisement
Maybe he's just trying to get an idea of how well the HS coaches develop talent and whether that translates to the college level?

But we've had kids from other parts of the State (and other States) that haven't panned out, I don't see the "South Florida HS coaches can't coach" crowd questioning the coaching those kids got in HS. Bubba Baxa couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, does that mean that all Texas HS coaches suck? Evan Shirreffs was *** here, does that mean Georgia HS coaches can't coach?

Advertisement
But we've had kids from other parts of the State (and other States) that haven't panned out, I don't see the "South Florida HS coaches can't coach" crowd questioning the coaching those kids got in HS. Bubba Baxa couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, does that mean that all Texas HS coaches suck? Evan Shirreffs was *** here, does that mean Georgia HS coaches can't coach?
I'm not going to speak for @CFLCane, but I wasn't seeing it as an indictment of FL HS coaching. I saw it as a curiosity since S FL is such a fertile recruiting ground.

Did South Florida HS Coach(es) bang or run a polo on your wife?
I think its important when youre talking about miami "culture" and the paralells to the struggles we've seen at UM. Underqualified coaches, lack of progression, lack of development. Its a common theme.

Isnt it odd to you that with the wealth of talent you arent seeing coaches progress like they do in other recruiting hotbeds? Certainly the resources and pay for HS is a factor. Im not overlooking at that.

Last edited:
I think its important when youre talking about miami "culture" and the parallels to the struggles we've seen at UM. Underqualified coaches, lack of progression, lack of development. Its a common theme.

Isnt it odd to you that with the wealth of talent you arent seeing coaches progress like they do in other recruiting hotbeds? Certainly the resources and pay for HS is a factor. Im not overlooking at that.
Bumpsies.

Advertisement
Maybe he's just trying to get an idea of how well the HS coaches develop talent and whether that translates to the college level?
Think we all know the answer to that.

Hard to recall more than a few highly-hyped recruits who even met expectations, no less exceeded them. The list of sub-par So Fla HS recruits just grows longer and longer. The excellence of So Fla HS ball becomes more of a myth with each passing year; still trading off its legendary status back in the last century.

Think we all know the answer to that.

Hard to recall more than a few highly-hyped recruits who even met expectations, no less exceeded them. The list of sub-par So Fla HS recruits just grows longer and longer. The excellence of So Fla HS ball becomes more of a myth with each passing year; still trading off its legendary status back in the last century.
NFL draft says different

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back