Seth McGowan

Advertisement
Not Even close, but busting on Cager has been the cool thing to do for a few years now. Funny how a top 10 program figures he has some value, but some of our own fans celebrate his departure.

1. I was semi joking.
  2. Did you watch miami football this yr? Did you not see him drop fades, slants, etc. on the regular? Did you happen to see his lack of effort and lack of success blocking?
  3. Georgia lost a ton of talent at wr this yr early to the draft including ridley and hardman. So taking a 1 yr flyer on a guy doesn’t mean he’s legit.

1. I was semi joking.
  2. Did you watch miami football this yr? Did you not see him drop fades, slants, etc. on the regular? Did you happen to see his lack of effort and lack of success blocking?
  3. Georgia lost a ton of talent at wr this yr early to the draft including ridley and hardman. So taking a 1 yr flyer on a guy doesn’t mean he’s legit.

If that is your criteria, then we might as well get rid of every wide receiver we have. Some we still have played far worse and the idea that Cager doesn't block is a board generated false narrative. You think the Dawgs didn't watch game film, not just some highlight reel?

The one thing that gives me some hope for the receivers we do have, a new OC. Hopefully he can craft plays that give them the advantage over the defense as well as develop a QB to consistently put the ball where it is supposed to be.

Definitely not at Chaney’s level but seems to have good vision to find creases when there isn’t a hole to run through but seems to not have that extra gear to outrun defensive pursuers. I’m new to this recruiting game so I could be WAY off but just saying what I saw in his HUDL highlights.

Your eyes do not deceive you.

If that is your criteria, then we might as well get rid of every wide receiver we have. Some we still have played far worse and the idea that Cager doesn't block is a board generated false narrative. You think the Dawgs didn't watch game film, not just some highlight reel?

The one thing that gives me some hope for the receivers we do have, a new OC. Hopefully he can craft plays that give them the advantage over the defense as well as develop a QB to consistently put the ball where it is supposed to be.

The other wr’s dropping balls like Cager were true freshmen. Wiggins has time to develop and if we’re being honest shouldn’t have been on the field as a true freshmen to begin with.

My guess is Georgia will simply use him as a red zone target and thats pretty much it. Which I would have been happy with if he had that role here still. I honestly hope he proves me wrong and hope he has a dominant year and goes on to play in the league. I just don’t see that happening with how he performed this yr.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back