Selling Paradise

MizCane

Senior
At what point does this tactic fall flat if it isn’t already? I understand the thought behind it but I think it’s more of a detriment then a positive. Here’s why:

1. the local kids are mostly coming from the poorer areas and already live around the area.
I doubt many would say they live in Paradise.

2. Other than the off seasonwhen do the athletes have time or money to even enjoy the beach or paradise spots?

I’d love for us to focus on more important factors than the beach and jewelry.

Advertisement
At what point does this tactic fall flat if it isn’t already? I understand the thought behind it but I think it’s more of a detriment then a positive. Here’s why:

1. the local kids are mostly coming from the poorer areas and already live around the area.
I doubt many would say they live in Paradise.

2. Other than the off seasonwhen do the athletes have time or money to even enjoy the beach or paradise spots?

I’d love for us to focus on more important factors than the beach and jewelry.

Agreed. I was never a fan of this concept. Who really gives a **** about being in paradise if you’re garbage? Paradise doesn’t sell to kids who live in Florida. This shouldn’t be our primary message to kids.

Advertisement
This is a fair point...

And you can make an argument there's too much there's too much of a vacation or country club type atmosphere in this program to begin with. I ant kids who leave, eat, breathe football...Who no one speaks to on campus all week when they lose a game, or better yet, when they miss a tackle.

Sorry, but you guys are overthinking this a lot. The campus and lifestyle is possibly the best part about Miami so you sell that, it might resonate more with out of state kids but that doesn't mean you stop doing it.

If you think this impacts the culture and it's why we're losing, I find that comical. Zero correlation.

This is one profoundly horrible take.

Don't showcase our amazing campus and massively improved facilities to a group of elite, invitation only athletes who can in turn put their skills on display in front of each other and a bunch of UM legends they grew up worshiping?

Wtf??

What should we do instead? Drive them to the fire Manny billboard while telling them how bad CIS posters think our program will be forever under this AD, President and BOT?

Good ***ing grief.

Advertisement
This is one profoundly horrible take.

Don't showcase our amazing campus and massively improved facilities to a group of elite, invitation only athletes who can in turn put their skills on display in front of each other and a bunch of UM legends they grew up worshiping?

Wtf??

What should we do instead? Drive them to the fire Manny billboard while telling them how bad CIS posters think our program will be forever under this AD, President and BOT?

Good ***ing grief.

You are missing the point. Did I mention facilities and campus? No I did not. I’m also didn’t just say the camp. I don’t think naming the camp Paradise is a bad thing but it also gets kids and families that have zero interest coming for the “Paradise” trip.

Agreed. I was never a fan of this concept. Who really gives a **** about being in paradise if you’re garbage? Paradise doesn’t sell to kids who live in Florida. This shouldn’t be our primary message to kids.

Yea, the twitter picture Baez posts of the country and temps in the winter and only showing it warm in S.Fl gets pretty old and tiring. Come up with something else.

Yea, the twitter picture Baez posts of the country and temps in the winter and only showing it warm in S.Fl gets pretty old and tiring. Come up with something else.

This selling point should be 10th on the list. It’s simply ineffective especially with SFL kids. If you’re recruiting NY kids then that should move up to #4 on the list. Kids want to be put in a successful position to be ready for the NFL (winning games and developing) and maybe a good education in the mean time. Paradise says none of that. The program has to change its message.

Many of the powerhouse football schools are housed in college town. Miami and USC have the unique ability to sell recruits access to world-class beach cities and use it as a competitive advantage. You can argue the degree to which they lean on that one component, but to not see it and use it as a strength would be a missed opportunity and poor marketing.

Advertisement
Paradise is the campus. Miami is paradise compared to programs that we compete against for recruits. Top 5 location to live your college years at. So no we should not sell them that. Also, we went 6-6 with losses to FIU and Duke and still have a top 15 class. Whatever df they are selling they can keep selling.

This place is in full meltdown fetal position feeling sorry for myself mode.
Bunch of betas. I mean I've done my share of crying in here and thank god ive missed on my negative predictions like Chaney and Rooster.
But looking under rocks for sht to complain about?!
How about it’s too sunny and hot. How about too many women? What about good places to eat? What about too much *** around these parts to concentrate on football. You know the kind of stuff that was always around when we were winning and snaking everyone around. Maybe we should just bring back crack. Sounds good. Let’s tear down midtown and the grove and bring back those high crime crack and cocaine cowboys days!! That should really rev up recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back