Scrimmage and injury updates. PBP

The coaching staff will be divided, with some offensive and defensive personnel on each side.
“We’ll just play a game,” Richt said.
Instead of kickoffs, the ball will be placed at the 25-yard line. There will be punting, but without a rush – and the ball will be spotted 40 yards the opposite way regardless. Extra points and field goals will be live.
The game will kick off at 2 p.m. Saturday at 20,450-seat Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale. The game will be streamed on ESPN3.com and the WatchESPN app. Gates open at 11 a.m., which is when fans can pick up vouchers for an autograph session that begins at noon.
“It’s always a pleasure to see the fans come and support us,” junior running back Joe Yearby said. “They give us our motivation. I’m looking forward to Saturday.”
Senior wide receiver Stacy Coley is questionable to participate after suffering a right hamstring injury last Saturday.
In Tuesday’s practice “he was trying to see how it felt. I don’t think it was a real severe pull,” Richt said. “It was actually to the point where he did some things [Monday] in the weight room that would make you think he’s got a chance to get back by the game, but we’re not going to push it unless he feels great.”
Richt believed redshirt sophomore tight end David Njoku, who was popped by freshman linebacker Shaq Quarterman in the scrimmage and appeared woozy, was OK. “He took some good shots,” Richt said. “I think he’s fine. He got up and walked off. It just hurt for a while.”
Injured Hurricanes who will not participate Saturday include redshirt sophomore linebacker Darrion Owens (knee), junior center Nick Linder (shoulder), redshirt junior right tackle Sunny Odogwu (knee), redshirt freshman defensive end Scott Patchan (knee) and redshirt senior fullback Gage Batten (foot).
- See more at: Miami Hurricanes announce format for spring game; injury updates on Stacy Coley, David Njoku | Canes Watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yall shocked

Shaqs video of him hitting the qb into some other century always plays in my mind. His tape was full of violence

The coaching staff will be divided, with some offensive and defensive personnel on each side.
“We’ll just play a game,” Richt said.
Instead of kickoffs, the ball will be placed at the 25-yard line. There will be punting, but without a rush – and the ball will be spotted 40 yards the opposite way regardless. Extra points and field goals will be live.
The game will kick off at 2 p.m. Saturday at 20,450-seat Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale. The game will be streamed on ESPN3.com and the WatchESPN app. Gates open at 11 a.m., which is when fans can pick up vouchers for an autograph session that begins at noon.
“It’s always a pleasure to see the fans come and support us,” junior running back Joe Yearby said. “They give us our motivation. I’m looking forward to Saturday.”
Senior wide receiver Stacy Coley is questionable to participate after suffering a right hamstring injury last Saturday.
In Tuesday’s practice “he was trying to see how it felt. I don’t think it was a real severe pull,” Richt said. “It was actually to the point where he did some things [Monday] in the weight room that would make you think he’s got a chance to get back by the game, but we’re not going to push it unless he feels great.”
Richt believed redshirt sophomore tight end David Njoku, who was popped by freshman linebacker Shaq Quarterman in the scrimmage and appeared woozy, was OK. “He took some good shots,” Richt said. “I think he’s fine. He got up and walked off. It just hurt for a while.”
Injured Hurricanes who will not participate Saturday include redshirt sophomore linebacker Darrion Owens (knee), junior center Nick Linder (shoulder), redshirt junior right tackle Sunny Odogwu (knee), redshirt freshman defensive end Scott Patchan (knee) and redshirt senior fullback Gage Batten (foot).
- See more at: Miami Hurricanes announce format for spring game; injury updates on Stacy Coley, David Njoku | Canes Watch

Golden would have used this as an opportunity to feign expertise on cutting edge concussion research while having Nojoku airlifted in the background for effect.

Another added benefit to these young linebackers stepping up is we will gain special teams depth. Our special teams coverage has been god awful

Advertisement
And promptly be ejected... I want to see it, but I want to see it late in the game with a massive lead. I swear, they'll throw out any Cane that hits anyone like that again. Heck, we saw ejections for WAY less last year.
**** shaq bustin heads already.

I was about to say that lol **** Njoku is a big man too.

Am i the only one who can't wait to see Shaq lay out a Nole WR "Vanover" style like Mike?

Yall shocked

Shaqs video of him hitting the qb into some other century always plays in my mind. His tape was full of violence

That one hit on the poor kid.... How far back did he knock him, the 14th century?

Advertisement
I can't wait to see Shag take dalvins face off.

It's a little early to say a true freshman is demolish one of the best players in the country, even though Shaq is probably going to be a great player. I'll just be happy if someone can actually tackle him at all this year.

It's a little early to say a true freshman is demolish one of the best players in the country, even though Shaq is probably going to be a great player. I'll just be happy if someone can actually tackle him at all this year.

Amen... I will be happy if we hold him to 125 yds... lol

Advertisement

Amen... I will be happy if we hold him to 125 yds... lol

I hope somebody catches him with a shot early. He got stunned last time so its possible he get knocked out the game. I hope they send Quan and Chad at the qb every play. A team cannot play with a out a qb. I want to see a wr having to take snaps because they ran out of qb options. I hate their **** guts

Advertisement
Back