Screengrabs 1st half pass blocking

Advertisement
Lashlee said King caused the 2 sacks in his opinion. His pre snap reads of the defense were mediocre and caused him to hold onto the ball far too long. Cant imagine this won’t improve greatly week to week
Or its week one and it will improve because he was rusty.

I hate this argument. How many sacks do you think Tua evaded at bama? Was the line he played behind lacking talent?
great point ... i think your making my point for me ... a mobile qb covers a multitude of sins

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well, if you look at the RB in some of those snaps, you can also see it was not long after the hike that they were taken. I mean if you took them 1 second later they could have looked substantially different. Not saying it was necessarily bad, but during the game I never said to myself, "**** this OL is tearing it up!" lol I thought a lot of the runs were made by bouncing stuff outside or breaking tackles, hence why King and Harris led the ACC in YAContact last week.

Each week will be a great opportunity to get better, hopefully we really step up and smoke UL this weekend!

Well, if you look at the RB in some of those snaps, you can also see it was not long after the hike that they were taken. I mean if you took them 1 second later they could have looked substantially different. Not saying it was necessarily bad, but during the game I never said to myself, "**** this OL is tearing it up!" lol I thought a lot of the runs were made by bouncing stuff outside or breaking tackles, hence why King and Harris led the ACC in YAContact last week.

Each week will be a great opportunity to get better, hopefully we really step up and smoke UL this weekend!
Its almost as if you can expect a running back to break a tackle and have some vision on zone read plays with an installed cutback lane.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Agree. I know scheme has helped but also shows how bad OL coaching has been last few years
Searles and Barry were probably the two worst OL coaches we've had since I became a fan.

UNC was 113th in sacks allowed last season.

Our average ranking in sacks allowed when Searles was here was 61st. That was with THREE linemen who are currently on NFL rosters.

Barry was just an idiot and an ******* of the highest magnitude.

Advertisement
David Pollack said today he rewatched the game preparing for this weeks call and said there were many times King had a clean pocket and needed to just let it rip. Also believe lashlee put both sacks on King. O line def wasn't as bad as some are making it seem

Advertisement
Back