Schedule Next Year

MinnesotaCane

Sophomore
So, we have non-conference games against Florida Atlantic, Florida and South Florida. Who is the 4th non-conference game?

Also, if not mistaken, I believe that the ACC is keeping 8 conference games despite the additions of Syracuse and Pitt. I believe that Pitt is in the Coastal.

So we know for a fact that our conference games are:
vs. Duke
vs. Virginia
vs. Georgia Tech
at Florida State
at Virginia Tech
at North Carolina

We play Pitt, but will it be home or away? Also, will either play NC State or Wake Forest. My guess is that we will play at Pitt and home versus Wake. In doing this schedule, we will always play the same location (home in even years and away in odd years) each year against NC, VT, Pitt and FSU and the opposite for Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia and the rotating Atlantic Division foe. If this is the case, do we play the rotating Atlantic division team home in year 1 and then away in year 2, or do we play Atlantic division team A home in year 1 and then team B away in year 2, etc.?

Advertisement
At NC State. If we need to play a ninth ACC game, then we drop south florida.

We only have 3 OOC games now, so we if we needed a 9th ACC game (which we won't since the ACC said they're sticking with 8) we wouldn't need to drop anyone. I agree we play NC State since they came here this year, and we can start the home and away with Wake in 2014.

We only have 3 OOC games now, so we if we needed a 9th ACC game (which we won't since the ACC said they're sticking with 8) we wouldn't need to drop anyone. I agree we play NC State since they came here this year, and we can start the home and away with Wake in 2014.

The only problem I have with that is that we would then have just 4 conference games at home within division and just 2 away (VT and NC). Seems like they would want everyone to have 3 home division games and 3 away division games per year with the two non-division games split.

We'll see what happens, but if they want it to be "symmetrical" each team should have 6 division conference games (3 home / 3 away) and 2 non-division conference games (1 home / 1 away).

Advertisement
next year we play Fau, UF, USF and conference games are @ Fsu, NC state, NC, VT, and vs Duke, Gt, virgina, wake forest..i wish we could somehow schedule Louisville.

I wish we would play at Cal on Sept. 14. Just so I could see a game without having to travel. Seriously, I think your analysis is right on the schedule, I'm guessing FAMU or some other 1Aa School is the 4th OOC team.

The []_[];1078168 said:
next year we play Fau, UF, USF and conference games are @ Fsu, NC state, NC, VT, and vs Duke, Gt, virgina, wake forest..i wish we could somehow schedule Louisville.

Don't we have to play Pitt? Their in our division next year.

Advertisement
When will the U come to play against Orangemen in Syracuse? Syracuse is three hours long drive south of my home. :)

Advertisement
We don't play USF next year as that series is over....it was a 5 game deal and that is now complete. As for Pitt, they will be on UM's schedule since they are in the Coastal. As far as I know, this is the known games:
Home-FAU, UF, Duke, GT, UVA
Away-FSU, VT, UNC
Pitt- not sure if home or away
1 more ACC opponent. Rumors is Wake or NCST. If its NCST, Pitt will be at home. If its Wake, Pitt will be on the road.
2 OOC opponents...

Last edited:
We don't play USF next year as that series is over....it was a 5 game deal and that is now complete.

No, it isn't. The 5 game series started in 2009. Next year will be the 5th. The game in 2005 I think it was, isn't part of that series.

Advertisement
My bad, you are correct. Add USF. One more OOC to be determined and which ACC school will be the 8th conference game....

We don't play USF next year as that series is over....it was a 5 game deal and that is now complete.

No, it isn't. The 5 game series started in 2009. Next year will be the 5th. The game in 2005 I think it was, isn't part of that series.

The only problem I have with that is that we would then have just 4 conference games at home within division and just 2 away (VT and NC). Seems like they would want everyone to have 3 home division games and 3 away division games per year with the two non-division games split.

We'll see what happens, but if they want it to be "symmetrical" each team should have 6 division conference games (3 home / 3 away) and 2 non-division conference games (1 home / 1 away).

Makes sense

Advertisement
Back