2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goulds Cane

Senior
The New England area isn't South Florida when it comes to producing football players, but they've produced talent over the years. Today I want to put y'all on to Samson Okunlola. He's a 6'6 300 pound offensive tackle from Brockton, MA & plays his prep ball at Thayer Academy.

It is downright scary to see a kid this big with such fluid movement. He has the frame & technique to where he can play as a true freshman, which is extremely rare. He is put together very well for a 300 pound kid, not much bad weight on him.

He has early offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Boston College, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Penn State, Tennessee, West Virginia & Vanderbilt. We do extremely well recruiting the Northeast, so I'd like to see us hop in here early & recruit the kid. Get Justice on the phone!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Brockton is a tough town and the biggest high school in the state. Suspecting he picked Thayer for academics but is a big step down in competition.
Everything should be seen as a step down in comp...

Your taking a kid like this on traits, and heart. Not because of how well he dominates local talent.

Brockton is a tough town and the biggest high school in the state. Suspecting he picked Thayer for academics but is a big step down in competition.
20-30 years ago Brockton’s public high school was nationally ranked —perhaps number one. We got a highly ranked OT from there—I think his name was Anthony Lewis. Second team USA
A-A, but he did very little at UM.
I think Steve Staffier, a RB was from Massachusetts. Then we had a bust DL during I think the Randy era.

Yeah Brockton is supposedly tough—I think the great boxer Rocky Marciano is from Brockton.

20-30 years ago Brockton’s public high school was nationally ranked —perhaps number one. We got a highly ranked OT from there—I think his name was Anthony Lewis. Second team USA
I think Steve Staffier, a RB was from Massachusetts. Then we had a bust DL during I think the Randy era.

Yeah Brockton is supposedly tough—I think the great boxer Rocky Marciano is from Brockton.
Brockton is the basically the MNW of MA.... Albert Louis Jean was committed here under Randy Shannon from there. They were ranked #1 in the country for a couple of years in the 80s. Had two RBs, one went to Clemson, the other BC in the same back field during that time. They would smack teams nationally.

Brockton as of late, along with most other schools, are losing all their kids to prep schools. They usually had a anywhere from 3-6 D1 players per class. Typically this kid and his brother would be at Brockton high. It’s hood as **** but as an opponent it was always a great/hostile environment. One of my rivals in HS.

Yeah it’s rocky marciano stadium... Marvin Hagler from Brockton and so is Al Davis.

Advertisement
Brockton is the basically the MNW of MA.... Albert Louis Jean was committed here under Randy Shannon from there. They were ranked #1 in the country for a couple of years in the 80s. Had two RBs, one went to Clemson, the other BC in the same back field during that time. They would smack teams nationally.

Brockton as of late, along with most other schools, are losing all their kids to prep schools. They usually had a anywhere from 3-6 D1 players per class. Typically this kid and his brother would be at Brockton high. It’s hood as **** but as an opponent it was always a great/hostile environment. One of my rivals in HS.

Yeah it’s rocky marciano stadium... Marvin Hagler from Brockton and so is Al Davis.
Are you from New Bedford or did you go to Xaverian? Rudy Harris was the Clemson back. Darnel and Chris Campbell were the BC backs/brothers. Darnell and Rudy played in the same backfield at Brockton. Anthony Comer went to BC out of a Brockton and Steve Marciano played safety at BC. BC grabbed a QB named Mark Hartsell out of Boxerland.

Marvin Hagler was a small man but a tactician in the ring. Would see him doing roadwork all the time when I was a little man.

Brockton Boxers- City of Champions

The DL bust during the Randy error was an Oline man from BC High. may have even been during the time of the tie. The name will come to me at some random point in time.

Are you from New Bedford or did you go to Xaverian? Rudy Harris was the Clemson back. Darnel and Chris Campbell were the BC backs/brothers. Darnell and Rudy played in the same backfield at Brockton. Anthony Comer went to BC out of a Brockton and Steve Marciano played safety at BC. BC grabbed a QB named Mark Hartsell out of Boxerland.

Marvin Hagler was a small man but a tactician in the ring. Would see him doing roadwork all the time when I was a little man.

Brockton Boxers- City of Champions
Yeah I know AC and Rudy. Rudy was/is massive, real good dude. AC lives in my neck of the woods up north.

Advertisement
Yeah I know AC and Rudy. Rudy was/is massive, real good dude. AC lives in my neck of the woods up north.
Comer was a great dude. Would not remember me. I am friends with one of Rudy’s buddies. He would know my boy Brad. My buddy said Rudy was the best kid going. He loved Rudy.

Shheeeshhhh that cat is smooth.

Brockton high football isn’t what it used to be. The private and prep have made sure of that.

the only consistently legit public school in eastern mass is Everett. They’ve sent numerous guys d1 to BC and big 10 schools.

Advertisement
Yep.

That said, re the OP, BC has had some good OL and the Northeast has produced some good OL. I get that skill position players are a rarer thing up there for a lot of reasons, including no spring football. But a good OL prospect from Brockton should be noted.

That said, not sure UM has any recruiting advantage for a kid like this relative to other top programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back