Rotating Players

Arehel

Redshirt Freshman
After watching the game and due to the short handed roster, due to Covid, and realizing our DL had one of the best performances of the year.
I'm looking at Phillips and Ford, is it really necessary to rotate players as often as we do on our DL.

Let me be clear, I understand the premise of keeping your players with fresh legs especially on the LD, but man, Phillips played a full game and had the best of his career vs one of the the premier OTs, not only in the conference but in NCAA.

The benefits of rotating players beyond the fresh legs, are recruits see that you can get snaps in, and play early, which I agree with, but the con is, you can sometimes get stuck with players that you don't want in certain situation, i.e., Harvey stuck being a rush edge defender, based on the inability to rotate players.

Just trying to to get a feel of the general consensus, no right or wrong.

Advertisement
Phillips had a great game but he needs to hone it in a little bit more. He tends to get too wide or too deep really quick and opens up huge lanes. I respect the relentless pressure though.

DAA691A0-1CAB-47B0-8EF9-28275C2D3F15.jpeg

Rotation is good

Advertisement
Phillips had a great game but he needs to hone it in a little bit more. He tends to get too wide or too deep really quick and opens up huge lanes. I respect the relentless pressure though.
Phillips said in an article last week that he is still learning the position and expanding his moves. Dude is only getting better.

Advertisement
Back