Roman last analysis for 2020

Advertisement
The #1 thing I agree with him on is this:

Our players on defense are actually talented players.

All of our players who play coverage has absolutely no field awareness. Couch, Frierson, Ivey, Smith.

It's unbelievable how poorly coached out defensive coverage guys are. Thats the #1 thing that stands out to me about our defense. Our guys just go to a spot regardless of the formation. @Coach Macho or @gogeta4 I believe have mentioned this at one point.

Great breakdown. I couldn't believe how close Miami was to picking up that last 4th down (and likely winning the game) yet we have knucklehead armchair coaches on this site who say it was a terrible call. It was a good call by Lashlee to burn OSU on a blitz. I don't know if there were other defenders out of the screenshot, but it looked like that could have gone for 6 if, as Roman said, the outside WR had set up just a tiny bit further out. Sometimes you have to give credit to the other team. Their LB made a fantastic game-saving play. Just look at how much room to run 83 had.

snip.JPG

Great breakdown. I couldn't believe how close Miami was to picking up that last 4th down (and likely winning the game) yet we have knucklehead armchair coaches on this site who say it was a terrible call. It was a good call by Lashlee to burn OSU on a blitz. I don't know if there were other defenders out of the screenshot, but it looked like that could have gone for 6 if, as Roman said, the outside WR had set up just a tiny bit further out. Sometimes you have to give credit to the other team. Their LB made a fantastic game-saving play. Just look at how much room to run 83 had.

View attachment 139544

this looks like one of those plays you needed a Braxton Berrios type of quickness for. Braxton would have shot upfield just a touch faster than anybody else and got the first.

I feel like Pope could be that type of player, but Braxton wasn’t afraid of the hit. He’d reach his hands out knowing the boom was about to be lowered. And now he gets paid because of that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back