ROHAN!!!

Advertisement
Not to mention, a 12 year nfl career.

D. Smith was great. Barrow was the best of the three at UM, Armstead the best nfl career, but all had great careers at both levels.

Exactly, but i cant say barrow was better than darrin, equal, but not better, cause for a weakside linebacker to have as many tackles as darrin racked up, he's top 5 all time at UM but left as #4, also was a pick 6 waiting to happen. Qb's wouldnt even throw the ball his way!

Exactly, but i cant say barrow was better than darrin, equal, but not better, cause for a weakside linebacker to have as many tackles as darrin racked up, he's top 5 all time at UM but left as #4, also was a pick 6 waiting to happen. Qb's wouldnt even throw the ball his way!
I am a huge Darrin Smith fan, but barrow is top 3 LB ever at UM with Lewis and Morgan. He just had so many big plays. And played in the middle.

But yes, for a Wil, D. Smith was prototype. Best we have had there, imo.

Advertisement
Loved Rohan as an undersized LB for the Canes. But wouldn’t put him in the Top 5 all time nor my favorites. He could thump tho

I am a huge Darrin Smith fan, but barrow is top 3 LB ever at UM with Lewis and Morgan. He just had so many big plays. And played in the middle.

But yes, for a Wil, D. Smith was prototype. Best we have had there, imo.

Im not saying or trying to insinuate you dont know football, but let's think about it, barrow, lewis and morgan were middle linebackers where the action came to them, this man darrin had to go and get the action, to be 5th All-Time at UM, do you really understand how hard that is to do at his position, this man was basically racking up middle linebacking numbers as a weakside linebacker. To be even clearer, i can guarantee if you go down the list at any college of their All-Time top tacklers, you predominantly are going to see nothing but middle linebackers, you'd be hard pressed to find any other position being the leading tackler unless its a safety.

Advertisement
One of the greatest hurricanes. A man with real heart, big balls and a killer instinct! A joy to watch on the field, always gave 100% and backed up everything he said with actions on the field.
All future canes should be required to watch his game tapes.
The kid had huge balls and had no fear.

Bernard Tiger Clarks performance in the 87 NC game, filling in for a suspended Mira is easily one of UMs Greatest Def individual performances in Canes History....Absolutely took over the game....

Im not saying or trying to insinuate you dont know football, but let's think about it, barrow, lewis and morgan were middle linebackers where the action came to them, this man darrin had to go and get the action, to be 5th All-Time at UM, do you really understand how hard that is to do at his position, this man was basically racking up middle linebacking numbers as a weakside linebacker. To be even clearer, i can guarantee if you go down the list at any college of their All-Time top tacklers, you predominantly are going to see nothing but middle linebackers, you'd be hard pressed to find any other position being the leading tackler unless its a safety.
That’s all great. I personally believe Barrow was more impactful and more of the leader on those teams and had a better UM career. Doesn’t diminish D. Smith to say so.

That’s all great. I personally believe Barrow was more impactful and more of the leader on those teams and had a better UM career. Doesn’t diminish D. Smith to say so.

I got you, but those teams back than, almost all the linebackers had that leadership mentality for sure, the good ole days for sure!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back