Rivals Article on Torrance Gibson

BrianF

Sophomore
From Canesport:

- Plantation American Hertiage QB Torrance Gibson has 25 offers, most recent Oklahoma and V Tech.
- Trying to make a top 15
- What the 15 need in common: "Good education, great campus life, great coaches, a great football team and great tradition of football,” Gibson said.
- UM will make the cut.
- UM has been on him since 8th grade, when they recruit him that young they really want you. His recruiter now is Coley.
- He talks to Coley and Golden. They want him bad.
Gibson was thinking of making an early decision but now plans to commit a week before NSD. He says he wants to wait, to make the right decision.
- He will attend UM spring practice at some point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My issue with this is that QB's, generally, commit very early on to begin solidifying their class; as they are supposed to be the leaders. I understand wanting to have your time to shine, however, you can't want to play QB, but be treated as a Receiver, running back, DB ect. Commit to your school, whoever it ends up being, and start stacking the talent around you.

Hopefully someone in his corner conveys this to Torrance. Best of luck kiddo.

Advertisement
Every school that has offered Torrance will have a qb by NSD. And every school will still continue to recruit Torrance and take him if he waits till NSD, which he won't.

I'm pretty sure if Wimbush commits the staff will continue to recruit Gibson. They will either tell Wimbush one thing and do the other or get Wimbush to go along. Gibson however I see wouldn't take so easy to not being the only qb.

Advertisement
Every school that has offered Torrance will have a qb by NSD. And every school will still continue to recruit Torrance and take him if he waits till NSD, which he won't.

And for once in a long long time, it appears as though the QB position is not in dire straits at Miami. We can afford to sit and wait this year. Not saying we do anything stupid, but for once we arent in a life or death situation about our main QB recruit like we were with both Olsen and Kaaya. We dont necessarily need our signal caller picked out and have our fingers crossed this year, but only this year.

Advertisement
Back