Risers and Fallers

Miami04

Senior
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/86840/count-em-down-tumbling-teams

1. Miami: Last season, Miami had it all. The hoopla that followed the surging Hurricanes included courtside appearances by LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. It was a great ride for the program. But a new reality will soon take hold as Miami coach Jim Larranaga attempts to replace Shane Larkin, Julian Gamble, Kenny Kadji, Reggie Johnson, Trey McKinney Jones and Durand Scott. Those veterans were responsible for one of the ACC’s and the nation’s top defensive attacks (28th in adjusted defensive efficiency per KenPom.com). His rebuilding effort will commence in a league that will add Pitt, Syracuse and Notre Dame next season. Hard times ahead for the Hurricanes.

Advertisement
We have a chance to be a bubble team this year. What coach L has done in the offseason is nothing less than remarkable.

My son just got a Shane Larkin jersey in the mail today from his grandparents. If Rodriguez is denied the waiver, my son is likely the starting PG on next year's team. He's 15 months old.

I hate to say it but they are right. This will be a rough year as Rodriguez is not getting the waiver according to people. 2 years from now we will be very solid though. This is a development year. I need to see a lot out of Tonye this year.

Should be all right. The important thing is defending our home and stealing one here or there. 8-8 in ACC opens some doors. Would love to make it to the NIT and give the young guys some tournament experience.

Advertisement
Should be all right. The important thing is defending our home and stealing one here or there. 8-8 in ACC opens some doors. Would love to make it to the NIT and give the young guys some tournament experience.

18 games in the ACC. Honestly, 7-11 or 8-10 and competitive in losses would be more than fine with me considering that we're replacing our top six guys. If L gets us to a bubble team, he should be coach of the year again.

Article is correct

I think the kid from Belguim would be the key. Angel isnt getting a waiver imo

Advertisement
I like the kids that Coach L has gotten into the program over this offseason, and I think we have a very bright future. That said, it's very, very difficult to replace your top 6 scorers. The article isn't wrong... we shouldn't be terrible, but we're going to see some growing pains this year. I'd be thrilled and pleasantly surprised if we end up as a bubble team.

Coach L has been in this business a very long time and I dont see him moping around the Gables claiming the world is ending. This will be a rebuilding year, yes, but I wouldn't count out the old guy running our show. He's very, very good at what he does and I am willing to bet we are going to overachieve.

Advertisement
Back