RIP Floyd Little

Advertisement
Never got to see him play obviously but watching his film and seeing all his stats its amazing it took that long to get him in the HOF but im glad he did get his deserved bust and entrance into the hall

I remember watching him play....against the 'Fins, and the rest of the old AFL and then after the merger. He was a great back, underrated. RIP.

saw him play back when at cuse.he was special and had big shoes to fill. Just dated myself i know. Also saw Ernie Davis and czonk. Coach schweartwalter had some backs in those days. My mom was from syracuse so growing up got to see and hear a lot about the program. The only time we didn’t speak was when Miami played Syracuse.

My uncle played with him. He was an amazing basketball player too. He could dribble out the clock. No one could catch him! RIP Floyd

Advertisement
Back in the day I enjoyed watching Floyd Little and the Broncos, pre=free agency days.
Running backs were like the "Kings" of football.

saw him play back when at cuse.he was special and had big shoes to fill. Just dated myself i know. Also saw Ernie Davis and czonk. Coach schweartwalter had some backs in those days. My mom was from syracuse so growing up got to see and hear a lot about the program. The only time we didn’t speak was when Miami played Syracuse.
I watched Ernie Davis run through the UM defense in the Orange Bowl one night. Probably around ‘60-61. Talked to an old Pitt player who played against Syracuse with Jimmy Brown and Miami with Don Bosseler. He told me Bosseler was the better football player.

Syracuse had a legendary stream of running backs: Jimmy Brown, Ernie Davis, Floyd Little, Larry Csonka. Many think Brown was the best, but I’m wondering whether Ernie Davis was. People don’t know as much about him because of his untimely death and he never had a pro career.

I watched Ernie Davis run through the UM defense in the Orange Bowl one night. Probably around ‘60-61. Talked to an old Pitt player who played against Syracuse with Jimmy Brown and Miami with Don Bosseler. He told me Bosseler was the better football player.

Syracuse had a legendary stream of running backs: Jimmy Brown, Ernie Davis, Floyd Little, Larry Csonka. Many think Brown was the best, but I’m wondering whether Ernie Davis was. People don’t know as much about him because of his untimely death and he never had a pro career.
That’s a real good question of who was better. I remember following Ernie Davis more cause of all the heisman hype back then especially during that time. Was a milestone for black college athletes. I remember Jim brown as a pro. All those great backs had a different style than the other. It was all a pleasure to see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back