RightSaidFred's Response

RightSaidFred

Be cool, don’t be culo
I got flagged and put in purgatory for giving an opinion. The offending post is below. I was straight asked my opinion, and I gave one. Simple as that.

This is the only response I'm going to give, and I'm not addressing this further. I'm not asking for redemption. If having an unpopular opinion gets a man thrown in the brig, then you might as well throw away the key because I'm going to stand on principle. I realize there is no free speech on an internet forum and you're within your rights to keep me in purgatory forever, so if that's what you want to do, I mean it when I say there are no hard feelings on my end.

If anyone cares, it's interesting that Ruiz was named in an NCAA NIL investigation that just published today against the women's basketball team. So my unpopular opinion might not be correct (and I never represented it as fact), but it is based in some factual logic as demonstrated today, and if you don't want to hear that, then that's your call.

The post that got me put here:

False information
What do you think is wrong?
Our recruiting died right after the ncaa interviewed ruiz so maybe we pulled back on the nil

I know yall will say its the record 5-7 and all that but texas a&m had the best class in history with a trash record otherwise recruiters recruit

Advertisement
I got flagged and put in purgatory for giving an opinion. The offending post is below. I was straight asked my opinion, and I gave one. Simple as that.

This is the only response I'm going to give, and I'm not addressing this further. I'm not asking for redemption. If having an unpopular opinion gets a man thrown in the brig, then you might as well throw away the key because I'm going to stand on principle. I realize there is no free speech on an internet forum and you're within your rights to keep me in purgatory forever, so if that's what you want to do, I mean it when I say there are no hard feelings on my end.

If anyone cares, it's interesting that Ruiz was named in an NCAA NIL investigation that just published today against the women's basketball team. So my unpopular opinion might not be correct (and I never represented it as fact), but it is based in some factual logic as demonstrated today, and if you don't want to hear that, then that's your call.

False information

Our recruiting died right after the ncaa interviewed ruiz so maybe we pulled back on the nil

I know yall will say its the record 5-7 and all that but texas a&m had the best class in history with a trash record otherwise recruiters recruit

False information

I wasn’t trying to get you tossed in the stockade.

I was only asking you (and others by extension) was to think of solutions not just broadly state obvious problems and complain.

NIL allows fans to get involved in the success legally.

"Our recruiting died right after the ncaa interviewed ruiz so maybe we pulled back on the nil."

You may have been asked for an opinion, but you provided a statement of fact that is demonstrably false. The first part of that statement ("our recruiting died right after the ncaa interviewed ruiz"), wherein you created a (false) chronology of events, is demonstrably false. About 80% of the class committed after the NCAA interviewed Ruiz. Several of them in the weeks following the interview.

The second half of that statement ("so maybe we pulled back on the nil"), raised as a qualified hypothesis, is certainly closer to a "pure opinion". But considering the false premise it is built on (i.e., the false chronology you concocted), and considering the words from Ruiz's own mouth subsequently increasing his monetary commitment to NIL, it is at a minimum misleading. In other words, even if Ruiz is lying and he "pulled back on the nil", our recruiting post-ncaa interview clearly doesn't support that possibility. So while it is theoretically possible that your hypothesis is correct (i.e., "we pulled back on the nil"), if right, it would still have nothing to do with the factual support (i.e., "our recruiting died right after the ncaa interviewed ruiz") you provided.

But you are free to stand on principle.

Advertisement
"Our recruiting died right after the ncaa interviewed ruiz so maybe we pulled back on the nil."

You may have been asked for an opinion, but you provided a statement of fact that is demonstrably false. The first part of that statement ("our recruiting died right after the ncaa interviewed ruiz"), wherein you created a (false) chronology of events, is demonstrably false. About 80% of the class committed after the NCAA interviewed Ruiz. Several of them in the weeks following the interview.

The second half of that statement ("so maybe we pulled back on the nil"), raised as a qualified hypothesis, is certainly closer to a "pure opinion". But considering the false premise it is built on (i.e., the false chronology you concocted), and considering the words from Ruiz's own mouth subsequently increasing his monetary commitment to NIL, it is at a minimum misleading. In other words, even if Ruiz is lying and he "pulled back on the nil", our recruiting post-ncaa interview clearly doesn't support that possibility. So while it is theoretically possible that your hypothesis is correct (i.e., "we pulled back on the nil"), if right, it would still have nothing to do with the factual support (i.e., "our recruiting died right after the ncaa interviewed ruiz") you provided.

But you are free to stand on principle.
So, an uninformed or ignorant statement, one that goes against the grain, puts you in here?
Man, we better not deal up another 5-7 season…the whole board will be purgatorialized.

So, an uninformed or ignorant statement, one that goes against the grain, puts you in here?
Man, we better not deal up another 5-7 season…the whole board will be purgatorialized.
Stupid camel could handle a single straw on its back.

You are assuming the porster in question lacks the information. Whereas I looked at his porsting history, found a pattern of behavior, and made a determination on his state of mind.

And if we end up with another 5-7 season, we might as well just burn the whole board to the ground (figuratively, but maybe also literally).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back