Richt's very first order of business should be.......

According to Lindy's Mag. Richt hired Mark Hocke, strength coach for the 2015 season. A sr. tackle, one John Theus was asked to
describe Hocke. "Wild, he said. The energy level has sky rocketed. It's really made workouts fun."
Of the top 2016 High School prospects, Richt has commits from # 2 Eason, Pro 6.5 205; # 42 Price, OT 6.6 311; # 71 WDE. WR 6.3 220;
and #46 Cleveland, OT 6.7 322. So those are a few factoids to mull over. In short would a few of them follow Richt ?
Last point: I know it's a pipe dream but having Butch as DC with recruiting duties and Dorsey as OB coach would make a good
deal of sense (if possible.)

Advertisement
Swasey must have stole dudes girlfriends from them or something...

No other fans complain about their strength coach like our fans do.

He has more first round picks than probably every other strength coach out there. Go figure...

Not saying Chick's word is final say, but it's one POV on Swasey.

[TWEET]672183414766833664[/TWEET]

The point is you guys have to know you don't know what you claim to know.

You have hunches based on an opinion.

Let the coaches and players tell you whats up.

Swasey has more first round picks than that dude does.

Richt going to know what he needs out of his program and whether or not Swasey can give it to him.

Advertisement
I've been saying fire Swasey since Coker was around. The guy has gotten a free ride through Coker/ Shannon/ and Golden. People always make excuses for him, but the reality is that he is hot garbage compared to guys like Tommy Moffitt. This is as important a hire as the DC. Many HCs will say that the S&C is the 2nd most valuable coach on the team. We have got to move past Swasey if we want to get to the next level. It won't happen as long as he is there.

I've been saying fire Swasey since Coker was around. The guy has gotten a free ride through Coker/ Shannon/ and Golden. People always make excuses for him, but the reality is that he is hot garbage compared to guys like Tommy Moffitt. This is as important a hire as the DC. Many HCs will say that the S&C is the 2nd most valuable coach on the team. We have got to move past Swasey if we want to get to the next level. It won't happen as long as he is there.

I work in S&C and to say that it's as important as coordinators is silly. Football is a game predicated on skill. The best football players will win games, not the best weightlifters. It's an important position, no doubt and they spend as much time with the kids as any but a lackluster S&C program gets masked just fine by recruiting the best players and putting them in positions to succeed. Recruiting and Coaching > S&C.

I don't particularly give a darn what happens to Swasey but this kind of thought process has to stop. Moffitt was also in Miami for two years. Did he do a good job? Probably but Swasey was there in 01 and 02.

Advertisement
Back