Richt Quote

umhurricane2511

Always Faithful
Mark Richt isn't just Coach; he's coaching again at Miami - ACC Blog- ESPN

I told everybody who works here: ‘I want to coach. You’ve got to do your job,’” Richt said. “If everybody does their job, we’re in good shape. If I’ve got to go clean up a bunch of junk, I can’t do what I want to do and we’ll have to find somebody else to get it done.”

The message has been sent. And those assistants who left Georgia to follow Richt to Miami have seen a difference.

“Being around him last year, he wasn’t a very happy person,” offensive coordinator Thomas Brown said. “He didn’t have a lot of fun. He was still himself, but he didn’t seem like the same old coach. Being down in South Florida and being back at his alma mater and having the chance to call plays again and coach the quarterbacks gave him new life. He’s taken 20 years off his life. He shows more energy, more passion. He’s re-energized.”

The nerves are gone. The fun is only now beginning.

Advertisement
Sounds like a message to his assistants that he will fire them if they dont get the job done. Wow night and day from u know who

Advertisement
Also Richt has said in the past that coaching at Miami means a lot to him as opposed to coaching at just a different school.

He has that 80's Cane mentality and only the good assistant coaches will survive.

Richt on a mission. And if he starts to slip, he know the banner coming fo him.

Advertisement
Strong stuff. Love that. And it's good to hear he's rejuvenated too being back in the blood and guts coaching. He looked and acted like a mummy the last couple years at UGA.

There were plenty here hoping that Richt would come in reinvigorated, and it's awesome to hear that narrative trumpeted by dudes like Brown who would actually know.

Having Kuligowski as his DL coach will help him (Richt) with a couple wins each year....

I don't know how good Diaz is as a DC (philosophically I like that he wants to attack), but I do know that Kuligowski will make him and Richt look a lot smarter....

Clearly Richt's best hire....

No matter what's said or done I always relate it in a negative and hateful manner towards golden. Take coach Richts statement here, no matter how bad the defense was he defended his ***** buddy and refused to even admit a problem. Winning is the only thing that will cure me.

Advertisement
tumblr_nab9vbXZxF1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Advertisement
He knows he needs W's, not moral victories and slogans

Give me an f'ing break. This isn't some hack coming in from Temple or some guy elevated on a failed staff or some guy who was a career assistant who drifted from program to program. This dude won 145 games in 15 years. As I recall that's the third most by any college football coach in a 15 year period. He was 83-37 in the best conference in America over that period. Even Stevie Wonder could see Mark was going to be re-energized. He's coaching with a chip and he's doing what he loves which is running the offense.

Advertisement
Back