Richt - I'm sure one is Miami

fxd5122

Just Win Baby!
That didn’t take long. Mark Richt says he’s already been contacted by five schools since parting ways with Georgia as head coach.

Richt joined his weekly radio show Monday for one segment and was asked if he’d been contacted.

“Yeah, there were about five today. It was kind of crazy,” Richt said. “I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet. It’s nice to have opportunities and options. In the past 15 years, if a headhunter called me and said, ‘Are you interested in this job?’ it’s always been a simple answer. ‘No, Georgia’s my home. This is where I want to be.’

“Now that I’m losing the opportunity to be the coach at Georgia, when people call, I think it’s at least respectful to listen to what they have to say and decide what’s in the best interest in the family and see what God’s got in store for me.”

At his earlier press conference at UGA, Richt said coaching would be one of several options for his future, and he made it clear he wanted to be much more hands-on as a coach, whether as a head coach or assistant.

247Sports reports that Maryland is one of those schools that reached out about their head coaching job.

Richt was also asked if family would be a factor, but the coach noted his kids are scattered across the country.

“It’s nice to have a home base in Athens, because my mom, my dad, my brother and two sisters all live in town. We enjoy family,” Richt said. “But if we were to make some kind of move, it certainly would not change how often we see our kids. It might put us closer to some of them. The bottom line is we want to carefully consider what to do and then do it.”

Stay tuned to the Coaching Search Ticker for the latest news.

Advertisement
So now that he's ****-canned from an inferior program, we should save him, when we offered him multiple times in the past? Nahhhhh

misleading thread title, thought richt was saying he was contacted by miami. Good article though

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back