Rich Rods D

McNeese State kept us from the Orange Bowl by going up and down the field on us in 2000, even though we won. Bad games do happen.

But once those bad games happen every week it's pretty safe to assume that a coach isn't very good on that side of the ball. Rich Rod's total defense ranking in 2014 was #103 . Last night's game wasn't some fluke out of nowhere.

Advertisement
Keep Rich Rod away from my program. He already tore up the other U-M. He's a mid-level coach perfect for mid-level schools. He's Al Golden w/ a high powered offense. I don't want my Canes to gain 600 yrds but give up 585. If it ain't Butch, stfu.

McNeese State kept us from the Orange Bowl by going up and down the field on us in 2000, even though we won. Bad games do happen.

LA Tech kept us from the Orange Bowl, not McNeese who we crushed the first game of the season.

Your correct. Bad games do happen.

Advertisement
Losing to Washington fvcked us in 2000. Nothing else. Except the NCAA.

I don't know why people still don't get this. If we don't lose to Washington, we can win every game by 1 point and still be in the title game. At that time, a loss was 1000x worse than a less-than-comfortable win against a bad opponent.

Advertisement
It was the playing of the Div1-AA team that hurt them in the computer rankings. They changed the formula the next year I believe.

LA Tech kept us from the Orange Bowl, not McNeese who we crushed the first game of the season.

We were also hurt by McNeese by the fact that we played them at all. Back then, pollsters didn't like games like that. Today almost everyone schedules those 1-FCS games.

Exciting coach who loses to or comes too close to losing to some bad teams. Also pulls some great upsets. But when you can't ever stop anyone you are going to struggle to get to the next level. Fielded historically bad defenses at Michigan.

We were also hurt by McNeese by the fact that we played them at all. Back then, pollsters didn't like games like that. Today almost everyone schedules those 1-FCS games.

I thought it was the computer part of BSC that did use it. Weren't we 2nd in the human polls?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back