Revisiting the Shadow Booster article

TheEye

Mario and Dan are upgrades. Period.
We now live in a world of NIL. Most CIS readers have read the Bagman article, but it may behoove us to reread it knowing NIL is a thing.

What do you think of the shadow booster reality after having read this again? I know this question keeps being debated, but after reading this again, I noticed some things I had forgotten, like how bagmen operate in different cultures and cities.

Advertisement
Wow, I've heard stories and the one thing not mentioned is ***. Hopefully the NIL will even things out, unfortunately those SEC schools have many fairly wealthy boosters compared to the U. The disturbing part is there has to be some greedy players that get disappointed so you would think some would expose these bag men. I know there have been instances of accusations but not near enough based on the scope of the amount of payoffs.

I heard a story from a person who would know. One of our players was helping JJ recruit a HS teammate and it seemed to be a lock. Surprisingly he went to a rival so JJ asked his player to find out why. The kid said he got off the plane got met by some coeds from another local small college and said he had *** all night, JJ's player said if he had that happen he would be a _________! You can probably guess what university.

Last edited:
Wow, I've heard stories and the one thing not mentioned is ***. Hopefully the NIL will even things out, unfortunately those SEC schools have many fairly wealthy boosters compared to the U. The disturbing part is there has to be some greedy players that get disappointed so you would think some would expose these bag men. I know there have been instances of accusations but not near enough based on the scope of the amount of payoffs.

I heard a story from a person who would know. One of our players was helping JJ recruit a HS teammate and it seemed to be a lock. Surprisingly he went to a rival so JJ asked his player to find out why. The kid said he got off the plane got met by some coeds from another local small college and said he had *** all night, JJ's player said if he had that happen he would be a _________! You can probably guess what university.

the SEC doesn't have many wealthy boosters. the only school in the SEC that caters to the proper classes is Vanderbilt.

The rest of those schools are remedial education centers, at best.

What they do have is a bunch of moronic simpletons who will donate their paychecks from Bob's Tire Center so that their preferred team can drop bags soon players.

the SEC doesn't have many wealthy boosters. the only school in the SEC that caters to the proper classes is Vanderbilt.

What they do have is a bunch of moronic simpletons who will donate their paychecks from Bob's Tire Center so that their preferred team can drop bags soon players.
I wish we had more of those too. **** the mediocrity we’ve been mired in for 18 years.

Advertisement

I'm not sure it's about big time wealthy boosters and not just the sheer amount of of alumni compared to Miami. If you graduate - or even have kids enrolled that don't finish - enough kids you have enough of a base to make a lot of money, even in smaller denominations. That's something we can't compete with

The SEC has plenty of wealthy boosters and any notion that major state colleges short of North Dakota University don't is laughable.

No, they don't have a bunch of billionaires, but they have plenty of wealthy alum and local boosters that are from the area, went to an SEC school, got a law degree or got into business and have plenty of connections.

You can't say with a straight face that Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, et al, don't have fanbases with plenty of money collectively.

These places have like 1 million+ living alumni and they all have degrees from big, well-known universities.

Last edited:
If you graduate - or even have kids enrolled that don't finish - enough kids you have enough of a base to make a lot of money, even in smaller denominations. That's something we can't compete with

And this money is also much more useful. Way easier for 20 people to give $1,000 than one person to give $20,000 and not get caught.

The SEC has plenty of wealthy boosters and any notion that major state colleges short of North Dakota University don't is laughable.

No, they don't have a bunch of billionaires, but they have plenty of wealthy alum and local boosters that are from the area, went to an SEC school, got a law degree or got into business and have plenty of connections.

You can't say with a straight face that Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, et al, don't have fanbases with plenty of money collectively.
This.

Advertisement

There is a lot of old, old money around the south that people would never know. And unlike Nevin, they don’t want you to know.

There is a lot of old, old money around the south that people would never know. And unlike Nevin, they don’t want you to know.

As a former private banker, there is an unbelievable amount of money that no one has any idea about. The number of people with $100 million+ from some business you've never heard of is staggering.

I can attest to lots of old money around the south.

I married into a family with millions from generations, and they are alumni of a southern school.

You would not know they have that by their lifestyle, and yes they donate to said southern school.

Advertisement

Well, considering the source of a lot of old, Southern money, I'd sure guess they don't want you to know about it, but you can also pretty easily guess where it came from.

I can attest to lots of old money around the south.

I married into a family with millions from generations, and they are alumni of a southern school.

You would not know they have that by their lifestyle, and yes they donate to said southern school.

So the most important question is...

Does she have a sister who is single?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back