Retired Numbers

theu51

Redshirt Freshman
Does anyone think that Durand and Shane have chances to have their numbers in the BUC rafters? was having a big debate over this today. I said yes to both

Advertisement
Durand has been a 4 year player and played well, it's not as much for his performance but for this year. He's the leader of this team, i think he has a chance

Advertisement
To have numbered retired you must be great not good. Scott is good not great. He is no James, Mcclinton sorry. Larkin is real close to that level.

Let me put it this way, the book is still open on Scott. I loved/love the kid and was/is a really darn good player for u; all he needs to do is "PUT A BOW ON IT." He has a big tourney, he leads us and dominates then he deserves it. If he fizzles in the tourney, I would say maybe. He was our best player (at Miami) since Jack. With a school with little to no tradition, I think he was a big part of where we are RIGHT NOW.

Larkin, he is definitely on pace and it is my belief he will be retired.

To have numbered retired you must be great not good. Scott is good not great. He is no James, Mcclinton sorry. Larkin is real close to that level.

I think he has time and there is a certain "importance" on what he did for our basketball program.

Last edited:
Consigliere nailed it. The next 3 weeks will provide Scott the opportunity to seal his fate . . . rise to the occasion and Miami wins a title, ****, he could be elected mayor. As for Larkin, it's set up for him to eventually rival Rick Barry as the greatest Cane ever.

Advertisement
The book is definitely still open. He is the leader of a team that is a #2 seed and has a chance to go to the final four and even win it all. If they accomplish either one of these goals and he plays well how could they not retire his number?

If Larkin continues to improve and stays another 2 years, he will go down as one of the best point guards in the history of the ACC, on par with Phil Ford or Jay Williams or Bobby Hurley or anyone else you want to bring up. Based on that assumption, **** YES.

Advertisement
Back