Retaining James coley w/ dorsey

[]_[] swag

Sophomore
I think retaining James coley may be smart for a variety of reasons. Mainly recruiting. I believe A lot of players on our team currently would not be happy if he was canned including kaaya and yearby. Also it seems that we lose jack Allison if we lose coley.

Also bringing Dorsey in as OC seems to be a popular move but it would be his first time as a play caller, making him a co-OC with coley seems like a great move.

Advertisement
**** the **** no. He's one of the worst play callers in the country and the reason he left FSU was because he wanted to call plays. He won't be interested or happy with just be a recruiting guy.

Clean house. The current staff minus or two are an absolute abomination.

Huge thing with bringing back butch is you probably don't have to pay him big. That's how badly he wants the job. You pay him the 2.5 and allot a much greater deal of money to assistants

No! Coley is a horrible coach! The new coach don't need Coley to recruit good QB's or SoFl for that reason. Coley wouldn't wow anyone with his recruiting successes or his offensive mind.

Advertisement
**** that.. James Coley is garbage and an overrated recruiter. Hes an FSU alumni the **** never made sense.

Genius move. Let's have a guy who never called plays and a guy who is awful at it coach our offense.

A top 10 qb from cali for 2017 says he hopes coley stays on the staff. Don't get it confused it would be smart to keep coley. What if dorsey can't recruit?

Coley doesn't have teams beating down his door to call plays but as a recruiter he would geta job. Some fsu fans are already talking about they want to bring coley back to recruit.

Butch has not been out here in 5 years it would be smart to keep a guy with relationships and connects.

Advertisement
Palmetto (Fla.) High's Jack Allison, the player UM hopes will be its next great quarterback after Brad Kaaya, “still wants to go to Miami” and “likely will be there,” despite the coaching change, his father,*Sean Allison, said Friday. One thing that could change that is if the new coach “wants a dual-threat quarterback; he’s not that,” his father said. “But he is pretty mobile for 6-6.”

Allison, due to arrive at UM in January, is rated the fifth-best pro style quarterback by rivals.com and the 79th*best player overall by ESPN. Offensive coordinator “James Coley*is the reason he committed to Miami, and we’re hoping he stays there, but his commitment is not contingent on Coley,” Sean Allison said.

So the goal on offense is too score a chit ton of points, correct?

Let's keep a guy who struggles to score. Makes sense.

I don't think Dorsey would have any problems recruiting QB's at least as well as Coley. He has played the position, has an incredible win loss record, and played in the NFL. Can Coley match that?

Advertisement
Nein.

[]_[] swag;2355734 said:
I think retaining James coley may be smart for a variety of reasons. Mainly recruiting. I believe A lot of players on our team currently would not be happy if he was canned including kaaya and yearby. Also it seems that we lose jack Allison if we lose coley.

Also bringing Dorsey in as OC seems to be a popular move but it would be his first time as a play caller, making him a co-OC with coley seems like a great move.

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2355738 said:
Huge thing with bringing back butch is you probably don't have to pay him big. That's how badly he wants the job. You pay him the 2.5 and allot a much greater deal of money to assistants

Yeah so why waste it on Coley? Jack sticks if Butch comes. Kid is only worried about us picking one of the HCs who like DT QBs. He is a pocket passer. Has Butch ever used any other kind. I don't know about Kens' play calling but he is currently coaching the heck out of possible MVP QB in NFL. I'm thinking Brad, Jack and others will be more than happy with Ken. Joe? Let's see, how did Ken do by his RBs while playing? Clinton, Willis, Gore, They seemed to do ok.

But when if comes down to it, whoever the heck Butch wants is fine. None of us have ever picked a coach as an assistant and had that coach become HC in NFL. Butch did it 3 times. I'm good with that.

This thread needs to be obliterated. Horrible idea....Coley is one of the biggest problems on the staff from a coaching perspective.

Don't talk to me about recruiting...he's had tons of talent on the offensive side of the ball the last couple of years and has failed miserably in games against teams with a heartbeat.

You don't think Alison will want to play under Ken Dorsey?

Are you kidding?

Advertisement
Back