Replays

michaelaf

Redshirt Freshman
Is there a picture of Sirks supposed touchdown or Waltons knee down? I haven't seen either.

Advertisement
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446475250.604751.jpg

This is what I don't understand - he had the ball and was running with it and gets tackled and his knee touched the ground.

Advertisement
This is what I don't understand - he had the ball and was running with it and gets tackled and his knee touched the ground.
we argue it was no longer in actual possession at that point, they argue he was in the process of passing it which still constitutes possession.

They can still all kiss my ***

I know, or at least I think, the standard is different, but if that were a pass to Walton, there is 0% chance that any ref in any league at any level would say he had control of the ball. So not control, and not down. But I don't think this is the proper analysis.

The analogy should be a fumble. Assume a tackler punched the ball out Walton's hand. At what point does he still have control and at what point does he not have control. I think the replay guys looked at this and believed his kneee was down, which it obviously was, but they must have thought he did not have control of the ball. Now, he had enough control to toss it to his left, but it's not like it was a pretty pitch. He could not have had enough control to make a good toss. That's the only thing that makes sense. Therefore, not down.

So, the premise is that by extending the ball out (as shown in the pic), that shows that he did not have control of the ball? I did not realize that was well known.

It's not like he was bobbling before he tossed it - he extended his arm out to toss it.

Whatever, ***** the refs but I'm just trying to understand the logic.

Again, he doesn't have control of the ball. The live ball continues the play.

exactly the ball was rotating. a still image can appear that the ball is not in motion.

Don't need to see the ball in motion. The ball is obviously on his fingertips, ergo, no control; live ball continues play. This is similar to a fumble situation where a ball is already loose while the knee goes down.

This isn't hard to comprehend, if one's head isn't filled with Canes hatred.

Advertisement
If the ball starts coming out b4 knee is down then play continues. He pushes it backwards after it had already started to come loose. It would be looked at as a fumble not a pass it was backwards.

Advertisement
Back