Replays

TrueFloridian

Sophomore
Any games on youtube you guys recommend watching? I've watched most of the FSU/UM and FSU/UF games. I went down memory lane to watch some PSU, BC, and ND also. I'm not only quarantined but have a newborn baby cane sleeping on my chest while watching. It's still hard not to wake up the baby from cheering even in those replays.

Some of my observations from watching these replays...
1st: CMR ran a more vanilla offense here than at FSU in the 90s. The formations are very similar. He really pigeon holed himself here.

2nd: RB's- Danyell Ferguson was a stud. The cuts , speed, and power he showed were ELITE. It's a shame he injured his hip and had his career cut short. He was Dobbins on steroids or better yet Christian McCaffrey. I'd love to see this guy in today's NFL game.
Stephen McGuire was one of the best UM RB's in my mind as a kid. I know now that Donnell Bennett was a better RB overall. He wasn't the most talented but I never gave him the credit he was due. He won UM some big games by individual effort. I'd love to see more of that on todays teams.

3rd: Some CIS members were throwing shade at Baby J recently. That man ran hard AF and was the focal point of the offense. He had a weak OL, weak WRs, and the worst QB to ever start at UM in Kirby Freeman. God **** Freeman SUCKED! Baby consistently made 4-6 yard runs out of nothing.

4th: Ray Lewis gets so much credit as being the greatest LB ever. He was the best in the NFL. He just wasn't as dominate at UM. Guys like Barrow and Morgan literally took over games and killed people. Morgan especially was such a monster. Ray got lost in the shuffle with Rohan making so many plays. Rohan was my favorite LB at the time and that hasn't changed.

5th: The amount of talent we've had compared to the level we'd played at has been absolutely horrific. Hiring Shannon after Coker's failing offense looks so similar to hiring Diaz after Richt's offensive failure. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.

6th: Our past secondaries were so good. I popped semi's watching Taylor, Reed, and even Randy Phillips not to mention Kenny. The weakest loser was Leonard Myers. That guy talked smack and got his **** pushed against FSU...cost us the game IMO. The overrated 1st rounders Rumph and Jennings looked like 3rd day picks. Buchanon was amazing. He would be a the 1st pick in this April draft. Guys like Ryan McNeil and Tremain Mack I miss dearly.

All that being said...gimme some recommendations on games to watch fellas. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Advertisement
If not cheering is your thing just watch from 2006 and on. The cheers will be minimal to not wake the baby. Good Luck man

2003 - 2005 was a roller coaster of emotion. Those would be fun games to watch if you're ok with seeing a few losses mixed in. Those teams were talented, but just couldn't overcome the softness at the top.

If not cheering is your thing just watch from 2006 and on. The cheers will be minimal to not wake the baby. Good Luck man
The sound of smashing stuff will wake the baby. Trust me. I've had 5 since 2008.

Advertisement
watching the 87 UM vs FSU game. The announcers are all bragging about Sammie Smith running a 4.3. Then he gets caught from behind by Blades a few plays later.

Advertisement
Here's a good one, was watching some old school Heat games, and guess who makes an appearance at the 2:00min mark, ole boy dennis was comical to me, even tho im with the Heat, its was always comedy watching dennis frustrate zo, they knew zo was emotional so they put the menace on em, it was pure comedy watching rodman do all that unecessary **** and over exagggerate, m sure the guest appearance thought so too:

Advertisement
Back