Relax! Not the end of the world.

michaelaf

Redshirt Freshman
We just need a few JUCO's next year.

1. Linemen rarely make an impact year 1 or 2. ( they just take up scholarships while they develop.)

2. Prima donas rarely make it big.

3. However, it does put pressure on to hit big next year.

Advertisement
Everyone was worried about goldens OL recruiting early this year and look how many he brought in. same will go for DT. Expect a big haul next season

Next year I want khairi Clark, Anthony moten and keyon brown...not sure if I want chad Thomas anymore...

+1

I want kids at Miami who want to be at Miami. Picking up Coley, Sandland, Edwards, and Dobard on offense was huge. The defenses most glaring weakness last year was pass rush and we landed Bond and AQM. The secondary was upgraded with Burns and Carter. We pick up Figs and Grace at LB. People keep talking about DT but DT has been addressed. The numbers are there but you can't expect true freshmen and sophomores to dominate upperclassmen with no pass rush to speak of. The D-line will be just fine next year.

The fans should take the blame in all of this. Golden lands Sandland and AQM and all of the sudden every post was about how Golden was going to pull everybody. He picks up Coley, Edwards, Grace, and Collins is still in play and all of the sudden he's a bum? The fans went full ****** today by allowing the haters to get the best of them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Spin how ever you want, the DT position recruitment in the last several years has been poor.

+1

I want kids at Miami who want to be at Miami. Picking up Coley, Sandland, Edwards, and Dobard on offense was huge. The defenses most glaring weakness last year was pass rush and we landed Bond and AQM. The secondary was upgraded with Burns and Carter. We pick up Figs and Grace at LB. People keep talking about DT but DT has been addressed. The numbers are there but you can't expect true freshmen and sophomores to dominate upperclassmen with no pass rush to speak of. The D-line will be just fine next year.

The fans should take the blame in all of this. Golden lands Sandland and AQM and all of the sudden every post was about how Golden was going to pull everybody. He picks up Coley, Edwards, Grace, and Collins is still in play and all of the sudden he's a bum? The fans went full ****** today by allowing the haters to get the best of them.

Great post. A lot of sky is falling nonsense today as expected, but once the dust settles, people will appreciate this class

Advertisement
Anyone know whats going on with the whole ACollins situation?

His mom stole his LOI apparentley because she wants him to stay home and Collins left school looking for her. He won't sign today obviously. Everything else is up in the air

Spin how ever you want, the DT position recruitment in the last sevral years has been poor.

BS! Miami picked up Ivery, Briscoe, and Moore last year. The only one spinning anything is you. We had a great DT haul last year but they were FRESHMEN!!!

Porter and Pierre will be an awesome 1st string next season. Then you've got Robinson, Moore, Ivery, King, Grimble and Briscoe battling for 2nd string. **** Jelani Hamilton might just happen to grow into a DT by this next season. Have any of you clowns thought that maybe it's hard to land a DT when there's a logjam at the position? This D-line needed PASS RUSH and that need was addressed. Chickillo, McCord, Hoilett, O'Donnell, Williams, Bond, AQM will figure that all out.

If you want to jump off the ledge then jump already. You either have an axe to grind with Golden just like "Ice" or Luke or just don't know any better...

+1

I'm certainly happier than I have been, but the lack of Thomas, Bryant, Bostwick, and Collins is a glaring issue. These are kids in our own backyard that we went all out for, and guys we need to get in order to elevate our program back to the levels we all want it to be at.

Coley certainly makes the day considerably less negative, and Collins is still in play, big-time. If we end up with Collins, I will feel alright about this class, but without him, it is a D+ as opposed to an F. We need to do it big next year. I'm not so sure we can afford to miss out on the big time local guys once, but I sure as **** know we cannot do it twice.

Advertisement
+1

I'm certainly happier than I have been, but the lack of Thomas, Bryant, Bostwick, and Collins is a glaring issue. These are kids in our own backyard that we went all out for, and guys we need to get in order to elevate our program back to the levels we all want it to be at.

Coley certainly makes the day considerably less negative, and Collins is still in play, big-time. If we end up with Collins, I will feel alright about this class, but without him, it is a D+ as opposed to an F. We need to do it big next year. I'm not so sure we can afford to miss out on the big time local guys once, but I sure as **** know we cannot do it twice.

Not getting Thomas, Bryant, Bostwick, and Collins is a glaring issue?

Well let's see, Thomas has a coach that has an axe to grind with Golden which he has made crystal clear.

Bryant is a drama queen me me that got this program in the mess it's in today. Let's hope he puts as much time into perfecting his craft at the next level as he did tweeting this entire recruiting season or his *** will be picking splinters out of his behind. Good riddance!

Collins also had his coach in his ear and it looks as though this isn't over. If it was his LOI would have been sent in already.

The only loss that hurts IMO is Bostwick because he is a beast and has handled this entire process like a man. No me me BS! He made his choice based on what he wants and pulled the trigger.

This was a small class and Golden just loaded the roster in his first two years here. It's tough to take EVERY recruit that's on the top of your board especially when dealing with shady coaches and an NCAA scandal overhead. Again, landing Coley, Sandland, Dobard, and Edwards to compliment the talent this offense already has is HUGE! Filling needs like Carter, Burns, AQM, Bond, Figs, and Grace is HUGE! And guess what? These players want to be here. I don't give a crap about the ones who didn't.

+1

Not getting Thomas, Bryant, Bostwick, and Collins is a glaring issue?

Well let's see, Thomas has a coach that has an axe to grind with Golden which he has made crystal clear.

Bryant is a drama queen me me that got this program in the mess it's in today. Let's hope he puts as much time into perfecting his craft at the next level as he did tweeting this entire recruiting season or his *** will be picking splinters out of his behind. Good riddance!

Collins also had his coach in his ear and it looks as though this isn't over. If it was his LOI would have been sent in already.

The only loss that hurts IMO is Bostwick because he is a beast and has handled this entire process like a man. No me me BS! He made his choice based on what he wants and pulled the trigger.

This was a small class and Golden just loaded the roster in his first two years here. It's tough to take EVERY recruit that's on the top of your board especially when dealing with shady coaches and an NCAA scandal overhead. Again, landing Coley, Sandland, Dobard, and Edwards to compliment the talent this offense already has is HUGE! Filling needs like Carter, Burns, AQM, Bond, Figs, and Grace is HUGE! And guess what? These players want to be here. I don't give a crap about the ones who didn't.

THAT - and I don;t think Thomas ever wanted to come here. Didn't respond to Miami's calls, told someone over the summer they had 15% chance. It was always a major uphill battle with him. I think he played it up for the cameras, but never had any intentions of staying in Miami for college.

Spin how ever you want, the DT position recruitment in the last sevral years has been poor.

BS! Miami picked up Ivery, Briscoe, and Moore last year. The only one spinning anything is you. We had a great DT haul last year but they were FRESHMEN!!!

Porter and Pierre will be an awesome 1st string next season. Then you've got Robinson, Moore, Ivery, King, Grimble and Briscoe battling for 2nd string. **** Jelani Hamilton might just happen to grow into a DT by this next season. Have any of you clowns thought that maybe it's hard to land a DT when there's a logjam at the position? This D-line needed PASS RUSH and that need was addressed. Chickillo, McCord, Hoilett, O'Donnell, Williams, Bond, AQM will figure that all out.

If you want to jump off the ledge then jump already. You either have an axe to grind with Golden just like "Ice" or Luke or just don't know any better...

Whatever, dude. Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself? Yes, we got those recruits last year, but the DT position is a very difficult position to be successfull with. You can`t recruit 4 DT`s (especially when some of them are not top rated DT`s in that position) in two years and expect to hit on all of them. It doesn`t work that way in that position. Sounds like you are the one on the edge.

Advertisement

Whatever, dude. Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself? Yes, we got those recruits last year, but the DT position is a very difficult position to be successfull with. You can`t recruit 4 DT`s (especially when some of them are not top rated DT`s in that position) in two years and expect to hit on all of them. It doesn`t work that way in that position. Sounds like you are the one on the edge.

Golden was stuck having to take as many DT's he could because there weren't any on the roster. You could say DT had been terribly recruited before Golden but to say it's been terribly recruited the last few years is not the truth. I was very happy with the Ivery, Briscoe, and Moore class as were most fans. Also, most fans griped about Pierre coming with Golden from Temple and look who just so happens to be the best of them all so far. You claim it's a tough position to be successful but all of the DT's were either True Sophomores, RS Freshmen, or True Freshmen last year. I guess those youngsters on the roster didn't grow up and dominate fast enough for you huh? So now they must be busts in your expert opinion right?

Our fans are delusional...

Golden was stuck having to take as many DT's he could because there weren't any on the roster. You could say DT had been terribly recruited before Golden but to say it's been terribly recruited the last few years is not the truth. I was very happy with the Ivery, Briscoe, and Moore class as were most fans. Also, most fans griped about Pierre coming with Golden from Temple and look who just so happens to be the best of them all so far. You claim it's a tough position to be successful but all of the DT's were either True Sophomores, RS Freshmen, or True Freshmen last year. I guess those youngsters on the roster didn't grow up and dominate fast enough for you huh? So now they must be busts in your expert opinion right?

Our fans are delusional...

Randy did a horrible job recruiting DT`s. Our current state in that position clearly shows that. Where did I say I expected the freshmen and sophmores to contribute right away? We have no clue to how those players will play out. What I am saying is with DT being a ridicously weak position it was obvious we needed some serious JUCO`s to help out in that department right away. He only brought in one player, which many scratched their heads when he was offered. On top of that, we didn`t bring anyone else that can be developed for the future. I haven`t been too impressed with our recruitment overall in this department. Your standards are pretty low If you`re happy with the way our DT recruitment went this year.

Advertisement
Back