Relationship with Lashlee, huge 2019 season leads to UM offer for 2022 QB Locke

View as article
Advertisement
From the Texas board, one of their writers was at the game:

Southlake (Texas) Carroll fell 44-42 at Rockwall (Texas) on Thursday night in a bona fide Class 6A shootout. Yes, Texas five-star quarterback Quinn Ewers threw a game-ending interception in the final minute, his overall performance showed what we have come to expect from the nation's No. 1 junior in the Top247 rankings.

Rockwall stormed back from a 21-0 deficit to take a 44-35 lead well into the fourth quarter. Ewers hit emerging 2022 tight end RJ Maryland -- the son of 1991 No. 1 pick Russell Maryland -- deep down the far sideline for a 75-yard touchdown that saw Maryland break two tackles on his way to the end zone. That cut the Rockwall lead to 44-42.

Southlake Carroll got a stop and Ewers took over inside his own 15-yard line with about a minute left. High-velocity sideline throws netted gains of 14 and 12 to put Carroll at its own 37-yard line with 46 seconds remaining. In my opinion, Ewers got a little too greedy, but he did have a receiver in single coverage deep downfield, so he took his chances, hurling the ball about 50 yards downfield, where it was picked off to end Carroll's comeback hopes.

Ewers finished 19 of 30 for 323 yards, three touchdowns, and two interceptions. He ran seven times for 39 yards and a TD.
Locke finished 31 of 44 for 352 yds, three touchdowns, l fumble

Boxscore link: https://www.dallasnews.com/high-sch...ame/2020/17836/southlake-carroll-vs-rockwall/

Advertisement
I went to this game and was there until about midway through the third quarter (had to get way back down to Duncanville to get some sleep for school the next day lol). I thought Carroll was gonna run away and hide with this game, but props to Rockwall, they made it close by halftime and it just went from there. I hate that I had to leave early, but those two offenses are fun to watch when they're on.

Ewers is the real deal, and Locke is pretty good too. That Carroll offense was a treat to watch in the first half. That defense though... meh. I know @TheSwagger1 told me they have all new starters from last season, but they also run a 3-3-5 which I feel may not help the situation.

Advertisement
Back