Regional Rotation

AntwanJ306

Thunderdome
Morris almost always uses his ace in the second game when he is hosting and playing a #4 seed. What would your plan be? Do we need Diaz to throw Friday, considering that BCU has a legitimate ace? FYI, the guy went up to Seattle two weeks ago and held Washington to one hit through seven innings.

Advertisement
Bethune's ace is legit. If it were me, I'd go with Rad but I wouldn't be surprised to see Salas get the start.

Stony should have taught us all a lesson, don't mess around, start the best guy and plan for the others to step up.

Advertisement
Stony should have taught us all a lesson, don't mess around, start the best guy and plan for the others to step up.

I'm not so sure we messed around against Stony Brook. We started Erickson, our wins leader that year. The other two starters....Ewing and Whaley, both pitched against Missouri State the next day and both got lit up. We just weren't very good that year, and probably didn't deserve to host to begin with.

I'm not so sure we messed around against Stony Brook. We started Erickson, our wins leader that year. The other two starters....Ewing and Whaley, both pitched against Missouri State the next day and both got lit up. We just weren't very good that year, and probably didn't deserve to host to begin with.

Good point, that's depressing to think that was Erickson. My neighbor graduated from Stony and I all but laughed at him when he brought up the regional, now I can't even look at him.

//cool story bro

Win. One game at a time.

I remember that time we didn't use our ace in game one of a conference tourney, and then ended up going 1-2 in that tourney. Missed out on a national seed and limped into regionals. Does anyone remember the year?

This man is correct...Missouri State was the best team in that Regional and led Stony Brook 7-3 in the 7th and had one of those blow up innings.

Miami just wasn't very good that year.

Advertisement
I'd lead with B-Rad, then go Diaz and Suarez.

SMartin posted it on Grassy and I will echo here....if we need a 4th guy, I go with Beauprez. I have seen enough of Salas to know that he is unreliable.

SMartin posted it on Grassy and I will echo here....if we need a 4th guy, I go with Beauprez. I have seen enough of Salas to know that he is unreliable.

I've seen Scott tweet about that......if Beauperez is all that, why didn't we ever consider going to him in any meaningful game? What's the story?

Per Susan Miller Degnan of the Mia Herald, Morris is starting Suarez game 1 on Friday vs BCC.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I've seen Scott tweet about that......if Beauperez is all that, why didn't we ever consider going to him in any meaningful game? What's the story?
I don't know for sure, but I think Morris likes the 3 starters followed up with Woodrey/Hammond/Garcia. It's kind of been the settled upon rotation for most games.

I'd wager that there will be a game somewhere down the stretch here that we'll have to use Beauprez for at least a batter or two. In order to advance further than Regionals, we'll have to have more pitching depth than 2 mid relief guys and our stopper.

Advertisement
Back